Business as usual in Chicago

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,334 Senior Member
I wonder what it costs to buy a prosecutor and a judge these days?  Probably more than Al Capone had to spend in his day, I'll bet!
Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,104 Senior Member
    Only 2 Obamas.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 875 Senior Member
    I can only hope charges were dropped so that they could build a stronger case before a trial.  Otherwise, this just reeks of shady crap.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    edited March 26 #4
    Looks like it is the feds or nothing, if he is going to get punished at all, for this. Same as Al Capone, whom the state and city couldn't even pin for jaywalking, much less murder or bootlegging.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    The prosecutor had some shady dealings with someone else over the case and recused herself until it  was time to 'call the ball'. She smacked into the rear of the carrier, as it were. There is some really underhanded stuff going on when even Rahm Emanuel calls the prosecutor out for it! He's as crooked as it gets!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    Saw a article this morning, something about Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff had a talk with the prosecutor 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Saw a article this morning, something about Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff had a talk with the prosecutor 
    That's the one I was thinking of, but couldn't remember who it was. Kinda reminiscent of Bill C. and Loretta Lynch and the 'tarmac summit'.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,457 Senior Member
    The blatant attempted compromise of the dignity of ordinary people has grown far beyond the margins of absurdity.

The law applies equally to everyone, or the law degenerates into something fit only for ridicule.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,810 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    The law applies equally to everyone, or the law degenerates into something fit only for ridicule.
    No doubt, when Rahm Emmanuel is complaining about the ruling on TV......
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    We invented the term 'hate crime' so politicians could make political 'hay' from high profile cases and become the champions of the underclasses, at election time - you know - same-same as minimum wage increases, pre-existing conditions, etc.

Since that sort of foolishness is here to stay, let's apply the laws equally, at least during those odd times when we have a somewhat functional government in place. According to Chicago police press conferences, Smollett was attempting to incite hatred against MAGA hat wearing Donald Trump supporters, whom he apparently perceives to always be white males. If the feds are going to jump in, they should charge him with a hate crime, and make his hired gun lawyer make the case that motivation is irrelevant to guilt or innocence, except as a mitigating factor, during the sentencing phase. It would be an amusing irony.
  • Billy_BuddBilly_Budd Posts: 638 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Diver43 said:
    That's the one I was thinking of, but couldn't remember who it was. Kinda reminiscent of Bill C. and Loretta Lynch and the 'tarmac summit'.
    Probably on his way to Jeffrey Epstein's island aboard the Lolita Express. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,683 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Diver43 said:
    Not any sort of coincidence or anything, but Pedo Island burned a little while ago

https://newspunch.com/jeffrey-epstein-pedo-island-burns/

NOTHING suspicious about that AT ALL.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited March 29 #14
    The ONLY time Demoncrats  support the rule of law is when they want to prosecute someone.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Not any sort of coincidence or anything, but Pedo Island burned a little while ago

https://newspunch.com/jeffrey-epstein-pedo-island-burns/

NOTHING suspicious about that AT ALL.
    I guess that eliminates all the DNA that has been squirted around all these years!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    JS is nominated for an NAACP image award for all of this. It boggles the mind that one would be honored for lying to law enforcement about a hate crime and trying to start a race war just to get a sympathetic raise in pay.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    JS is nominated for an NAACP image award for all of this. It boggles the mind that one would be honored for lying to law enforcement about a hate crime and trying to start a race war just to get a sympathetic raise in pay.
    The scummy, despicable left is on a mission to de-legitimize law enforcement as much as they can. It is painfully obvious. It doesn't even matter anymore that these so-called "prosecutors" and other government officials are responsible for the coming collapse of society.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,334 Senior Member

Aaaaannnnnddddddd- - - - - - -just when you thought things political in Chiraq couldn't get any crazier- - - - -look who just got elected mayor!  I've got a feeling the craziness is headed for a brand new high- - - -or maybe "low" would be a better term!

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite