Home Main Category General Firearms

Ruger #1 and my Bersa .380 part Deux

KMT2KMT2 MemberPosts: 360 Member
edited March 2019 in General Firearms #1
Finally got the range yesterday, with the two toys.Mainly for my edc needed to get the sights adjusted in. but the other two were there to shoot.
 The Ruger #1 is very stout to shoot, and I'm using a hand load that is a bit softer and kinder then factory. as able to get a few rounds off. Had one miss fire but that's not bad due to it being only one bad primar out of 100. I will so be changing out the butt pad. Next is glass and seeing if I want to keep the sights or go full high vis. will see.
 The 380 well lets just say I am not amused. The  rounds I initially had in it were from rem. They did not go bang at all.
 WHen I wen tot the federal range ones they went bang. The primers were well dimpled and it makes me go why?
 The edc well I was shooting way left after the sights were changed and I spent a bit of time to push them right . Fixed the issue.
 My fraternity brother, was quite impressed on my groupings.
 But I need to spend more time on the range seemed I had a few outliers in the groups that made me go hmmm.
Sorry no pictures of the targets. Will do it next time.

If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    I have a Bersa Thunder in .380 acp that's really fun to shoot. Never had any problems with it. Although, I've never used Remington ammo in it before. Usually just Federal or Winchester and some Buffalo Bore.

What's the Ruger chambered for? What's your handload at?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,443 Senior Member
    If I recall correctly it is a .450 Marlin.  Factory Hornady Leverevolution should be a 325gr at 2150-2200 FPS.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    edited March 2019 #4
    I just bought a bunch of Remington 38spl+p on sale. I dont usually by Remington ammo. I hope it works.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    If I recall correctly it is a .450 Marlin.  Factory Hornady Leverevolution should be a 325gr at 2150-2200 FPS.
    I could see how that would hurt a bit. :'(
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 360 Member
    Spk said:
    mitdr774 said:
    I could see how that would hurt a bit. :'(
    NOt really hurt but it , does make you consider what You are doing.
     I don't have any bruising, but then I shoot big magnums all the time. 
    Of course I did not shoot off of sticks so accuracy was off a bit.
     The load is a 43.7 gr of reloader 7 with a cci primer and pushing a cast 330 hollow point. 
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 360 Member
    Load was designed for deer and to be used out of the BFR and the lever as well.