How to argue on the internet

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,076 Senior Member
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,457 Senior Member
    Thats funny right there 😄

We're doing quite well with civility here compared to that satire.

I heard an interview with a female sports commentator once during a report about assaulting people online. The comments she was receiving were shameful beyond shocking. I also got mad and yelled at someone some years ago during a dispute. In both cases I promised myself restraint, caution, and civility for the future. I don't like regretting my own poor behavior.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,726 Senior Member
    :D
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    True.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    But, but, but............................when you're debating..............no, that's not right..............when you're ARGUING with a liberal then you can't use logic. That's totally foreign territory for them. They don't understand it, and just continue their emotional rhetoric. You have to lower yourself to attacking them in the same manner as they attack you. Using logic in a debate with someone who is also using logical debate is akin to swordplay, while arguing with a liberal is much more akin to chunkin' rocks and wet corn cobs at each other.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.