Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

a "hill worth dying for"
    Is this the hill you wanna die on?
    think of all those other hills yet to come

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    CaliFFL said:
    My comment wasn't really about bump fire devices. I've never even seen one.

We have a clear violation of 5A (no compensation offered) and a very arguable violation of 2A by the president, via decree.

The decree itself is illegal. I don't care what other government employees say or how the Trump apologists justify this to themselves. 

I will not obey "laws" enacted in this manner. This is my line in the sand. 

I had never heard of a "bump stock" but had seen cam and crank devices. I know people who can replicate auto fire with their fingers only. I have somehow forgot their names. What is with the "draft saved" feature which interrupts my typing every 30 seconds???
    I have 19 drafts I cannot delete. I gave up trying long ago. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    CaliFFL said:
    My comment wasn't really about bump fire devices. I've never even seen one.

We have a clear violation of 5A (no compensation offered) and a very arguable violation of 2A by the president, via decree.

The decree itself is illegal. I don't care what other government employees say or how the Trump apologists justify this to themselves. 

I will not obey "laws" enacted in this manner. This is my line in the sand. 

I had never heard of a "bump stock" but had seen cam and crank devices. I know people who can replicate auto fire with their fingers only. I have somehow forgot their names. What is with the "draft saved" feature which interrupts my typing every 30 seconds???
    I have 19 drafts I cannot delete. I gave up trying long ago. 

The draft thing is giving me heck also
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Regarding the bump stocks, they are an 'interesting toy' that will eventually destroy a semiauto rifle that was NOT DESIGNED for full auto fire. Eat ammo and miss everything past the first round downrange. The REAL useful rapid fire accessory for the AR is the binary trigger. It allows very rapid CONTROLLABLE ACCURATE FIRE and does not beat the action/bolt of the rifle to flinders.
    I don't know how many of all y'all really would need to be using suppression fire on a generally regular basis, but that is what the real purpose of full auto fire is, for either keeping the enemies heads down when advancing, or retreating to better cover. Poppin' heads like cantelopes with accurate fire is what the AR should be doing in controlled aimed fire. Spray and pray looks like fun in the movies, but its real usage is limited in real world life.
    If ya got a bump stock, take it off and set it aside out of sight and mind. And keep your cake hole shut about owning one. Not like the 'government prefects will be going door to door looking for them; not enough out there to matter, not worth the time and trouble to search sales records and hunt them down. Might come in handy in a decade or two, but not worth a felony conviction just to 'make a stand'.
    If I were going to 'make a stand' it would be making a 3" black powder interrupted thread breech loading cannon to fire 3/8" rebar fletchette bundles. Give them something to sit up and take notice when they finally go off the rails and actually ban and begin confiscation of the ARs and other firearms for real. Notnin' like getting skewered by a rusty 3/8" steel rod like a chikkin on a spit to make one rethink their career choices.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,926 Senior Member
    Well put...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #68
    How many "banned" items will fit into a 3 foot piece of 6" diameter PVC pipe with a couple of caps securely glued on?  "Shovel and shut up" works well, even if "shoot" isn't involved at the beginning of the process, especially if the JBT's have a hundred acres or so to search.  
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Teach said:
    How many "banned" items will fit into a 3 foot piece of 6" diameter PVC pipe with a couple of caps securely glued on?  "Shovel and shut up" works well, even if "shoot" isn't involved at the beginning of the process, especially if the JBT's have a hundred acres or so to search.  
    Don't know, but 50 gallon plastic drums with removable/replacable gasketed lids are readily available for such things.

On a related note, I was looking for a book on fireworks today at the house up the ridge and found a real treasure. It was my old explosives manuals from back when I took the courses to do commercial dynamite work. And with it were some other books I purchased that have been on the banned list for over 30 years due to their 'incendiary content having to do with IEDs'. With the fireworks books and the others, anyone digging up anything I bury using the 12" x 6 foot long post hole auger might just get one hell of a surprise!

Anyway, with the fireworks books I located, I'm gonna be ordering some chemicals and have some stuff made up for Memorial Day. There will definitely be 'the rockets red glare and some BIG bombs bursting in air' here in the ridges. The meth heads will be digging fallout shelters frantically! :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams