More $#@%& Weather!

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 1,492 Senior Member

Here we go again!   We've now cleared out almost all our snow except huge piles and tree belts. We've had outdoor track meets and practice.  I've been to our new range several times shooting....etc. etc.
12-24" of snow, high winds (25-50) for 3 days.   I'm sure we'll be out of school for Thursday and Friday.   Meteorologists are calling it 'historic'.   

After the hard winter we've had, I've seen no shortage of pheasants.   This is the kind of storm that could just wipe them out.

Luckily I'm stocked up on booze and groceries.
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,357 Senior Member
    Happy to hear you have the Bear necessities covered 🐻

Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,845 Senior Member
    It'll be sunny on Saturday...
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,034 Senior Member
    We are in the same boat, going to be interesting with the wind.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,409 Senior Member
    Looks like it is going to miss us but may hit the lower portion of North Dakota.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    After y'all get your visit, I'll get mine.  Not expected to get much, but any this late in April is unusual.  It happens, but I bet its been 20+ years...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    After y'all get your visit, I'll get mine.  Not expected to get much, but any this late in April is unusual.  It happens, but I bet its been 20+ years...
    As a sidebar... I'm glad I did filters yesterday, when the weather was sunny and 64°.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    As a sidebar... I'm glad I did filters yesterday, when the weather was sunny and 64°.
    That's where we were on Monday, windows down and tunes cranked running errands over lunch. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Trucks coming through town from the south are dropping big chunks of snow off them when they hit a pothole in front of my office, we have no snow fall as of yet, they already closed school for tomorrow 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,806 Senior Member
    The bomb cyclone is here!

I pulled my iron, but it did no good. 

Bring enough gun????

👀
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 728 Senior Member
    So far it’s been all ice and wind here in SW Minnesota
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,410 Senior Member
    Not a good thing is any of those pheasant are nesting right now.  Ugghh.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun said:
    I doubt they are in MN yet, the last of the snow in central MN just melted last week, there is still frost in the ground, and there is still snow in shaded areas. The roosters are sure out and about though, must be lady time soon.
    3" so far, petty minimal at this point by MN standards. 
    Wow, lightning, thunder, hail, snow, and looks like it is snowing styrofoam pellets now. Big booming thunderclaps, pretty cool really.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,778 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Wow, lightning, thunder, hail, snow, and looks like it is snowing styrofoam pellets now. Big booming thunderclaps, pretty cool really.
    We had some of that this winter. It’s called graupel

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Graupel, German for "this sucks" :s
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,145 Senior Member
    Graupeln is the German word for sleet...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,709 Senior Member
    Sunny and 76 down here at the moment but it's supposed to rain on Sunday. At least all you folks up north with the bad weather don't have your roads choked up with elderly people right now, they're all down here choking our roads up.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,806 Senior Member
    And they probably wear big strange looking hats and need periscopes to see above the dashboard???
    😯
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,492 Senior Member
    According to radio, we had 18” at noon. I made it out for a walk with dog and trip to grocery store and liquor store. Almost all businesses closed mid afternoon. School out again tomorrow. Stir crazy. I did make chili and air fryer hotdogs for fam, (chili dogs), went over well! 
    Well see what tomorrow brings, hopefully some bars will be open! 
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,709 Senior Member
    bellcat said:
    According to radio, we had 18” at noon. I made it out for a walk with dog and trip to grocery store and liquor store. Almost all businesses closed mid afternoon. School out again tomorrow. Stir crazy. I did make chili and air fryer hotdogs for fam, (chili dogs), went over well! 
    Well see what tomorrow brings, hopefully some bars will be open! 
    Those pictures remind me of my growing up in Wisconsin.Don't miss it at all.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    We got school closed again today, when do I get a day off?
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,410 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Six-Gun said:
    I doubt they are in MN yet, the last of the snow in central MN just melted last week, there is still frost in the ground, and there is still snow in shaded areas. The roosters are sure out and about though, must be lady time soon.
    That's good news.  Better late than early given the circumstances.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 728 Senior Member
    Power just came on here. 42 hours without, thank god I had a generator 
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,409 Senior Member
    We did get a dusting this morning.
    Power just came on here. 42 hours without, thank god I had a generator 
    That is good news, that is amazing they can get power back on that fast with that many poles down.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,267 Senior Member
    Don't be hate'n on me.....but it was almost 90 and sunny here today.  I spent the day out in the boat on the river.