Send illegal invaders to "Sanctuary" cities!

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,583 Senior Member

I'm laughing my **** off. Immigrants enter our country legally. These invaders are the ones using their children to create non thinking emotional response from the bleeding heart liberals. The article even states that this proposition was not really serious but intended to result in the usual Democrat hysteria. If it was serious I see it as forcing them to "reap what they sowed"!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-new-level-of-inhumanity-democrats-denounce-white-house-idea-to-release-migrants-in-sanctuary-cities/ar-BBVRr6h?li=BBnb7Kz

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,288 Senior Member
    I think its an excellent idea. They want the illegals, give them their wish!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,457 Senior Member
    This is an interesting political tactic. Whether actually done or not, it places the issue directly into the public spotlight, forcing public debate by way rhetorical sound bite. The tactic is not without historical precedent, but its certainly amplified by modern communications.

Im not someone supportive of Trump, but his method of execution is effective, and almost compelling to watch.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,624 Senior Member
    I read the linked article. Somebody explain to me how releasing illegals into sanctuary cities is cruel and inhumane? Are they saying liberal cities are worse than ICE custody? 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,511 Senior Member
    I like it.  I hope he does it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 279 Member
    Be careful what you wish for, Trump may just deliver.  From the news report I heard Pelosi’s voting district was at the top of drop off list.  
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,104 Senior Member
    I say DO IT!!!!! What beautiful plan of FU to democrat ay-holes.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,810 Senior Member
    I for one, would not want to be dropped off in a sanctuary city if I was trying to get into the US, a step up from the poverty and gang violence where they came from for sure, but more of the same nonetheless, this can't possibly play out well in the media. I *hope* the POTUS is trying to make a point to get some response out of the liberal progressives, get them on tape saying how they really think.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,583 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I for one, would not want to be dropped off in a sanctuary city if I was trying to get into the US, a step up from the poverty and gang violence where they came from for sure, but more of the same nonetheless, this can't possibly play out well in the media. I *hope* the POTUS is trying to make a point to get some response out of the liberal progressives, get them on tape saying how they really think.

I think Trump totally enjoys twisting the Dems tails. A couple years ago our Governess 'Lil' sister "moonbeam" Kate Brown declared Oregon a "Sanctuary State" on live TV news! I was confused. Not by the definition of "Sanctuary State" but by the fact our lopsided Dem legislature had already accomplished that in 1987!!!The Dem's feeble attempt at damage control was that she was merely re-affirming that! Of course they could not tell the truth that she is an ignorant idiot! 
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,265 Senior Member
    If there isn't any alternative to allowing them to stay in the US, certainly sanctuary
    States/Cities seem the perfect choice. The problem is they are unlikely to stay 
    and will relocate throughout the US. I prefer they be sent back! BTW sanctuary
    cities must not receive additional Fed funds, they want them they can pay for them
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,334 Senior Member
    edited April 13 #11

It's also economically sound- - - - -Greyhound bus tickets are a whole bunch cheaper than plane fare back to where they came from.  Once the citizens of those districts get fed up with feeding, clothing, educating, and providing medical care for a herd of parasites, maybe they will give some hardcore liberal politicians like Pelosi, Schumer, Camel Toe Harris, Mad Maxine Waters, Adam Schitt, Corey Booker, etc. their walking papers!  I'd make sure every democrap politician running for prez in 2020 gets a few thousand illegals shipped to their home districts!

Avoiding relocation would also be simple- - - -put some big teeth into the E-Verify system and start jailing employers in non-sanctuary areas who hire illegals.  No jobs- - - -no reason to move into an area where they're not "welcome"!

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,659 Senior Member
    Teach said:

It's also economically sound- - - - -Greyhound bus tickets are a whole bunch cheaper than plane fare back to where they came from.  Once the citizens of those districts get fed up with feeding, clothing, educating, and providing medical care for a herd of parasites, maybe they will give some hardcore liberal politicians like Pelosi, Schumer, Camel Toe Harris, Mad Maxine Waters, Adam Schitt, Corey Booker, etc. their walking papers!  I'd make sure every democrap politician running for prez in 2020 gets a few thousand illegals shipped to their home districts!

Avoiding relocation would also be simple- - - -put some big teeth into the E-Verify system and start jailing employers in non-sanctuary areas who hire illegals.  No jobs- - - -no reason to move into an area where they're not "welcome"!

Too bad the last part will never happen. It's actually the only thing we really need to do to end illegal immigration or at least massively slow it. Strongly enforce the laws on the books on hiring undocumented immigrants and the problem will take care of itself. The fines collected alone could pay for Trump's wall. Problem is no one actually wants to solve it. Too many big Republican donors make too much money off of them, republican politicians get to demagogue on an issue that plays to the racist tendencies of a portion of their base, and Dems get to call them racist for doing so and court the Latino vote while not really doing much to earn it. Everyone wins! 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,288 Senior Member
    Pretty much!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 85 Member
    Too bad the last part will never happen. It's actually the only thing we really need to do to end illegal immigration or at least massively slow it. Strongly enforce the laws on the books on hiring undocumented immigrants and the problem will take care of itself. The fines collected alone could pay for Trump's wall. Problem is no one actually wants to solve it. Too many big Republican donors make too much money off of them, republican politicians get to demagogue on an issue that plays to the racist tendencies of a portion of their base, and Dems get to call them racist for doing so and court the Latino vote while not really doing much to earn it. Everyone wins! 
    While I agree with this, let’s not fail to acknowledge that dems are making fortunes off the issue as well.  I agree no real desire exists to fix it.  Just like with social security, health care, debt, deficit, welfare, stopping foreign wars, curbing government expansion, etc.  Both parties just want issues to demagogue rather than to correct anything.  To fix any of the above issues would weaken the ruling class of both parties.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,334 Senior Member
    edited April 13 #15

When ICE raided a chicken processing plant in a small town north of Nashville and about a third of the city's population hit the road overnight, several grocery store owners had a meltdown when they had to restock products on several aisles.  They were stuck with thousands of dollars' worth of Hispanic foods that nobody was buying.  The chicken place was back in full production in less than a week with Caucasian, Asian, and black replacement workers, also! 

BTW, I haven't bought a singe package of Tyson chicken in years.  Want to guess why? 

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,606 Senior Member
    I quit buying it in the last century, due to their Clinton connections. But, we have a Pilgrim's Pride plant, close by, and there's no telling what Bo Pilgrim was involved in.