Worst week in a long time.

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 10,323 Senior Member
About two weeks ago, my cat bit me on my right arm.  I don't mean a love nibble, he cranked down unprovoked.  About Tuesday, my arm began to swell.  Went to the Doc in the Box on Thursday where I got a strong shot of antibiotics and a script for a 10 day course of pills.  Including hydrocone. As I was checking out, I knocked my tablet off the shelf and broke it.  Then I tried to sell a couple of items on Ebay, was deluged with questions that were already there.  An expensive Winston, which in a couple of days, I'm pulling off the market if the price doesn't go up.  Also, an English Hardy Bougle, about a $400+ reel, hardly fished, so far the offers are at $175.  That one is going, too.

I haven't left the house since Thursday because of the drugs and because my right arm isn't working so well...in a cast and my typing suffers for it.

Last night, my cat bit me again, not all that hard because I slapped his fat head.  Found out Friday the no-kill shelter isn't accepting grown cats.

Time for radical action. SSS.
Not too many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Best Answer

Answers

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,034 Senior Member
    WTH, why is your cat gone feral all of a sudden? Cat bites suck, the veterinarians I know hate getting bit by one, usually ends up with some anti-biotics, get well soon hey. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,357 Senior Member
    No loyalty from a cat. Low maintenance if they're not the pampered variety but no loyalty at all.
    Good for throwing at bad guys though.
    Get well soon, ditch the cat. At least make it an outdoor cat. Maybe, it'll run away on its own.
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,213 Senior Member
    My wife as bitten by a cat and ended up in the hospital on IV antibiotics for three days...that was her second experience with that...the first occurred when she was trying to pill our family cat which got a tooth right through her thumbnail...within hours there was green pus oozing through the hole...another course of antibiotics, pain killers, removal of her humbnail  and a non-functional hand...
    Few things worse than a cat bite
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 716 Senior Member
    I got bitten by a feral cat that I was in the process of "dealing with" that had been getting inside the house. Yeah, hand swelled up like Mickey mouses and i couldn't move my fingers. 
    Best of luck to you Gene, cat bites suck.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    I've posted here before about a fella who goes to our church.  He was bit by one of his barn cats... ended up losing two fingers, had ALL the skin removed from the hand and docs actually sewed it inside of his abdominal cavity in a medical process I'm not entirely understanding.  The hand is out now, and more or less functional, but looks like hammered dog turds. 

Don't mess around with cat bites😳
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,806 Senior Member
    Life is too short for a bad cat. Gone is good.

Maybe get in some range time before the spring mosquito hatch.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,579 Senior Member
    I've posted here before about a fella who goes to our church.  He was bit by one of his barn cats... ended up losing two fingers, had ALL the skin removed from the hand and docs actually sewed it inside of his abdominal cavity in a medical process I'm not entirely understanding.  The hand is out now, and more or less functional, but looks like hammered dog turds. 

Don't mess around with cat bites😳
    Sorry you had a bad day, cat bites and scratches usually mean a trip to the doc.

In 1960 my room mate in the AF had some severe burns on his finger tips the docs did the same thing, sewed his fingers to his stomach, his fingers were never looked the same.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,692 Senior Member
    Consider yourself lucky, Gene. At least you have the SSS option. If our cat bit me, my wife would side with the cat and probably claw me to boot.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,110 Senior Member
    sorry to hear about your string of bad luck

you dont want to mess with a cat bite.  They have a bug in their sliva that will really screw with your health.

as you found out your arm is swelling up.  thats one of the side affects.

take it easy and heal up.  tomorrow is another day.

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,323 Senior Member
    Consider yourself lucky, Gene. At least you have the SSS option. If our cat bit me, my wife would side with the cat and probably claw me to boot.

Mike
    Can't do it myself and I've got a lot of cats on my conscience.  Got a buddy in the cat elimination team who will remove my problem, hopefully tomorrow.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,692 Senior Member
    I've got a lot of cats on my conscience too. Enough that room for one more 'twouldn't matter. 

Sometimes you do what you need . 

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,492 Senior Member
    Bummer Gene! Feeling for ya.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    I've got a lot of cats on my conscience too. Enough that room for one more 'twouldn't matter. 

Sometimes you do what you need . 

Mike
    This, except for the maybe feeling bad part.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    edited April 17 #16
    I didn't dodge a single bullet.  I'm still on antibiotics till it runs its course.  I can't close my right hand on a handgun handle, broke my tablet, but my armt it is getting better.  Should be over in about a week or less.

With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Glad to hear you only have to be a lefty for a week, hope your gut does not get trashed from the anti-biotics.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Yeah, my gut is already trashed from the ABs.
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,898 Senior Member
    Gene - that completely blows. Get well soon, and listen to the docs!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    How are you doing Gene? Hand better?

Gun Fund looking better with all that cat food money? ;)