clean 100-6x

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 6,552 Senior Member
Shot my first clean today. 100-6x rapid fire at 300. I have been bouncing up against it for a while but not quite there.
800 agg
I fell apart standing. I dunno, put some time in dry firing and the last home 200 yard off hand was a 94 for 10 rounds. (sr target) my 20 round agg today was 156-1x........
Rapid sitting went better. 95 and a 96 (10 rounds in 60 seconds with a required reload) for a total of 191-4 which made me feel better.
Went to 300 and I shot the clean.
10 shots from prone, 70 seconds with a required reload, group size 4.46 inches. Cleans are not rare, or even uncommon, but its my first so I am gonna smile about it. Next string was a 98 so I ended with a 198-6 at 300. (SR-3)
The rain rolled in for 600 so the forced a block time to speed things up. I shot second and about shot 6 the wind was changing out 180 degrees about every 67 seconds. I still shot OK, but not as well as I have and I am the first to admit I own a couple 7's that were not wind. Finished with a 179-4x out of 200 (MR-1 target) and a 724-16x for the day.
Overall, not bad for me, but not good. OK for the first time out this year.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Best Answer

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,552 Senior Member
    edited April 15 #2 Accepted Answer
    AR service rifle. Specifically a RRA NM weighted up to 15lb with a Geissele 4.5lb, 2 stage trigger, vortex viper pst 1-4, Turner all weather sling, and my right booger hook.

Ammo was some 69gr Nos CC over 24.5 Varget in Starline brass and CC1 41 primers. Switching to 77 across the course. It shoots as well short and better long so I am using these up

And the clean was 4x, I picked up the other two on the 98

Answers

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,806 Senior Member
    I don't think I could do that good at 300 from a bench with a scope. Good shooting!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,034 Senior Member
    Excellent start to the season.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,750 Senior Member
    Great shooting
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    edited April 15 #6

that is very good!

ignore last send
    your no. 2 post didn't show for me.
    till just

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,020 Senior Member
    Nicely done VM
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

@das68 the #2 post I just made. It keeps asking if the question was answered, so I said yes, and it moved it to #2. That was in answer to your post. I should have put it in the original post I guess.

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    edited April 15 #9
    forum has gone very odd

all good though

:)

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,213 Senior Member
    Well done!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,429 Senior Member
    Well done!

What optic mount are you using? I'm about to pull the trigger on the flat top conversion and need to decide on a mount. I'll be using the Viper 1-4 as well
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
    Vortex mount 2 inch extended fwd. I couldnt get the eye relief with the leupold and the general consensus on the pepr was that it was easy to get stripped out.