They're building a big stage in Nashville- - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
edited April 16 in Clubhouse #1

In a few days, Lower Broadway down by the Cumberland river is going to host a big event.  Dozens of young men will be walked across that stage, and a bunch of rich old men will spend tons of money for the privilege of controlling their lives, sometimes for years to come.  These days, that's called the "NFL Draft".   Didn't basically the same process go by a different name a couple of centuries ago?  The only real difference I can see is that the young men back then were fresh off the boat from Africa- - - - -not their descendants, several generations removed!

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Teach said:

In a few days, Lower Broadway down by the Cumberland river is going to host a big event.  Dozens of young men will be walked across that stage, and a bunch of rich old men will spend tons of money for the privilege of controlling their lives, sometimes for years to come.  These days, that's is called the "NFL Draft".   Didn't basically the same process go by a different name a couple of centuries ago?  The only real difference I can see is that the young men back then were fresh off the boat from Africa- - - - -not their descendants, several generations removed!

What have you been smoking?

Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    Buford said:
    Teach said:

In a few days, Lower Broadway down by the Cumberland river is going to host a big event.  Dozens of young men will be walked across that stage, and a bunch of rich old men will spend tons of money for the privilege of controlling their lives, sometimes for years to come.  These days, that's is called the "NFL Draft".   Didn't basically the same process go by a different name a couple of centuries ago?  The only real difference I can see is that the young men back then were fresh off the boat from Africa- - - - -not their descendants, several generations removed!

What have you been smoking?

:D :D :D

• dlddld Member Posts: 381 Member
    they are there by choice, not like their ancestors, plus the price paid for each of them will go in their pockets :)
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,145 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    edited April 17 #6
    I guess selling oneself is OK- - - - -just as long as the price is right.  Maybe that's what all of us do, anyway- - - - - -some just have a lower price tag than a shaved Sasquatch!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Teach said:
    I guess selling oneself is OK- - - - -just as long as the price is right.  Maybe that's what all of us do, anyway- - - - - -some just have a lower price tag than a shaved Sasquatch!
    Well if you don't have anything to sell, life can be hard and cruel. Minimum wage just don't cut the mustard.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.