Home Main Category General Firearms

Made a deal for a mill drill tonight

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
My old gunsmith got out of the business a while back and has started selling off some of his equipment. I managed to pick up a jet 16 mill/drill from him. He is throwing in a bunch of accessories with it he said because it was me, nice guy!
i pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I’ll be able to do some sight and barrel work. One more piece of the shop.
kinda pumped to get this and so cheap.
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,659 Senior Member
    Cool! Congrats.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Cool! Congrats.
    I’m excited, I still have a lot of learning to do but having the equipment is a major push forward. I’ve been working on my shop for several years now, this is a big addition. 
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Congrats Tim
    Is this something that would work for say finishing a 80% lower?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Congrats Tim
    Is this something that would work for say finishing a 80% lower?
    80% AR, pistol, ..... I’ve been getting deeper and deeper into gunsmith work for many years. I love tinkering with guns. This will be a big jump. I’ll have to see what hestill has left of his shop, bluing vats ect...
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    Your going to need a bigger shop :) Should be fun, fill it to the walls.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    edited April 2019 #7
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Your going to need a bigger shop :) Should be fun, fill it to the walls.
    Not funny, already been talking to the wife about doubling the size.
    im under 10 years to retirement, I need to start getting the shop in order. I want everything done  and paid for so its more about fun than needing to making money to pay for  all the equipment.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    I was waiting to see when the wife would be a part of this thread, LOL.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    edited April 2019 #9
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I was waiting to see when the wife would be a part of this thread, LOL.
    She’s a part of everything, yuo just don’t hear about my silent partner that often, she is still a majority stake holder!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Sounds good tim ..... congrats on the find & hope you have a lot of fun with the mill .
    Old Ron said:
    Sounds good tim ..... congrats on the find & hope you have a lot of fun with the mill .
    Thanks Ron, got it set up in the shop this afternoon.a buddy came over and helped me unload that monster, it’s a wonder neither one of us are in the hospital!
    he gave me a couple mills and several dovetail sight cutters. I have a lot of learning to do.
    here she is...

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Congrats Tim
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    Congrats Tim
    Thanks ol’buddy!
    now I just need to learn how to use it!
    edited April 2019 #14
    timc said:
    Thanks ol’buddy!
    I'll let you learn on YOUR toys :lol:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    timc said:
    Thanks ol’buddy!
    I'll let you learn on YOUR toys :lol:
    Ain’t happening bro... don’t forget I work in a steel mill I’ll be cutting sight grooves in smooth round bar stock for a while till I get it down. 😉
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Congrats Tim, great machine, have fun with it, just don't push it to hard.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    jaywapti said:
    Congrats Tim, great machine, have fun with it, just don't push it to hard.

JAY
    Slow and easy, will take me a little while to learn it. Hopefully I’ll have all the equipment I need by the time I retire then I can build my own custom guns and tinker with whatever. One piece at a time...