Home Main Category Clubhouse

Big oweee yesterday, I’m too old for this

2»

Replies

• 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    Hope you heal up fast.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,054 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    A Rock?!

Tell me you're not a former engineer...

The laws of gravity don't apply to you why?

I'm really glad it didn't turn out worse. Get better soon. And remember, Murphy is out there and he's very patient.

"Hold my beer while I stabilize this shakey ladder with this here Rock."
    It's worse than that.  I was a telephone technician in the 80's and grew up on a ladder.  I'm fearless on one!  Then I went to school and became an engineer!  Well at 58 my fearlessness caught up to me!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Yup, I used to be a rabid tree climber. Thought myself part monkey. I was invincible!

Then I fell outta one. A trip to the hospital later and I was cured of my invincibility!
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Funny how invincibility doesn't want to hang around us fogeys (or nearly fogeys) anymore... I guess we're just not as fun as the young bucks.  😉
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    I can't say much about ladders . When I put up shop 2 I went down 6 times that summer . ( not a fast learner ) So I bought a boom bucket truck ..... had to climb down a rope when that quit . ( still healing up from that brain fart ) Seems like most jobs throw in some pain somehow .
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,851 Senior Member
    The older I get, my ladder height decreases.

Sorry, get well soon.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain