Home Main Category Clubhouse

A US Marine F-35 Squadron Will Deploy on a British Aircraft Carrier in 2021

das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

the pub looks nice

"Think about this carrier where you're going to have a squadron of U.K. F-35Bs; a [detachment] of U.S. Marine Corps F-35Bs. You're going to have helicopters ... as well as the Royal Marines aboard," Rudder said.

The deployment will mark a "tremendous milestone in the progression of maritime interoperability with the U.K.," said Capt. Christopher Harrison, a Marine Corps spokesman at the Pentagon. The carrier will conduct pre-deployment training in U.K. waters in fall 2020 and spring 2021 ahead of its official mission, he said.

That training will culminate in a certification exercise prior to the deployment, Harrison added.

It won't be the first time the Marine Corps will have F-35B fighter jets aboard the Queen Elizabeth. Last fall, Maj. Michael Lippert, an F-35B test pilot, spent weeks testing the Lightning II from the carrier's flight deck.

just like old times

HMS Ark Royal

cross decking

USS Nimitz

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That ought to cause some serious culture shock.................in both directions! :D:D:D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,388 Senior Member
    Hope they Marine proof the boat!! They can fubar an anvil!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That ought to cause some serious culture shock.................in both directions! :D:D:D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,612 Senior Member
    Sounds like a lot of fun ahead. :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

the marine flyers

I have had contact with have been gentlemen

though they were high up and travelling very fast

but we have NN to go by  :o

it'll be fine

• ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    Will kinda be like when U.S. Army Air Corp flyboys served with the U.K. prior to the U.S. officially entering WWII.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,060 Senior Member
    A pub on a carrier with Marines aboard--------someone help us.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,060 Senior Member
    A pub on a carrier with Marines aboard--------someone help us.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,612 Senior Member
    Posts #8 and#9 look very similar....

You break into that pub already? 😂
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain