Home Main Category Personal Defense

Widow Kills Intruder-- Story on Good Morning America

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 16,166 Senior Member
The poor woman's husband died on Christmas day, then this scum bag breaks into her house New Years Eve...
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
-Thomas Paine

Replies

• BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    My heart goes out to this young lady. Having lost her husband and then having this shooting she'll be some what stressed. I know that without the shooting it can be a tough trail to travel.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I am glad it turned out so well, who knows what those "men" had planned for her.

It could have been worse in the aftermath of personal violence those animals might have committed on her person if she had not killed one of them.

Sometimes more justice is dispensed by the random discharge of a firearm than is possible within the legal boundaries of our two century + legal system.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,166 Senior Member
    On here, the outcome is exactly what we would expect in that situation. What I find interesting with this story is that:
    A) It was on Good Morning America-- a happy feel good national network morning show.
    B) For the most part, they portrayed the incident as it should be portrayed.
    C) After scrolling down 200 or so comments, I could not find anyone saying that she did the wrong thing-- Including folks claiming to be liberals.

I walk away from this thinking that nobody ever really questioned that woman's right to use a firearm for self defense nor the concept of Castle Doctrine.
    It gives me hope.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    :up: Glad she was able to do what needed to be done
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    As more people realize they are responsible for their families safety, things will improve.

"An armed society is a polite society."
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Maybe the bean counters at Good Morning America added up that the anti gun mentality does not sell a lot of their advertiser's products?
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 479 Member
    This girl and her mom were on Dr Phil yesterday. He fully supported her actions but she is so traumatized that she needs professional help. Dr. Phil is setting her up with a pro in her area. Knowing that she did the right thing is a huge help but now she is paranoid about every noise, can't sleep, etc. Dr. Phil reaally did a good job of reassuring her. Pray for her to find peace.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.