Home Main Category Clubhouse

Snow, snow, snow...

Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberPosts: 8,547 Senior Member
We had around 6-8 inches last night, and it is still snowing.  Kind of weird, even for up here.  It also snowed several days last week, but would melt, and then kick back up again.
Anyone else getting snow now?
Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,150 Senior Member
    No snow but plenty of rain. It's coming up on Memorial weekend and we haven't had a tractor in the field yet this spring.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,547 Senior Member

Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,547 Senior Member
     This morning 
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,773 Senior Member
    We got about 6" at our house yesterday. One community about 15 miles north of me got 20".
    Heavy wet stuff. Lots of tree limbs down.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,579 Senior Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,141 Senior Member
    And about that here!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,190 Senior Member
    Still 3 feet of snow up on the Lake Superior shore...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    wddodge said:
    No snow but plenty of rain. It's coming up on Memorial weekend and we haven't had a tractor in the field yet this spring.

DD

Today's pretty, but like you, we've been getting alotta rain here in Louisiana. Some friends of mine who live on the Mississippi River had to move all their twenty something dogs and themselves to one of their relatives properties until the water goes back down, it flooded them out.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Brought down part of my big elm weed on the corner a the house monday night. Fell across the sidewalk into the street. Cut up what I could with a bow saw and loaded what I couldnt saw with a dolly and rope. Hauled it all to a free collection location thismorning. Took two trips. PITA🐴❄ Glad it missed the house.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    No snow here, but lots of rain and stormy weather.  I'm starting to grow gills and fins.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,448 Senior Member
    No snow, but at least 3" of rain since early Saturday AM, Duluth got 3-4" saturday, weird weather for sure, not much corn planted yet, ground is too wet and too cold anyway, getting pushed up against some crop insurance deadlines.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Several folks around here are ready to make their first cut of hay. 
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,169 Senior Member
    90 degrees and 90% humidity today
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Still 3 feet of snow up on the Lake Superior shore...
    The Yooper family still has lots o' snow. 

It's 75° and sunny up here. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,722 Senior Member
    wddodge said:

DD

Today's pretty, but like you, we've been getting alotta rain here in Louisiana. Some friends of mine who live on the Mississippi River had to move all their twenty something dogs and themselves to one of their relatives properties until the water goes back down, it flooded them out.
    Over 600k acres in the Mississippi Delta are flooded right now. Many homes are flooded.   Experts are predicting it'll be July before the water goes down.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,722 Senior Member
    Several folks around here are ready to make their first cut of hay. 
    The guy I let cut my pasture baled it last week. Saw someone cutting hay today on the way home.
  • joyjoy22joyjoy22 Posts: 44 Member
    Everything is covered in white.  :o
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 561 Senior Member
    We planted several tomatoes, squash, watermelons, and flowers last weekend. Monday night we got 2" of snow and 28°. Lost all of the plants. Yesterday  no snow but wind 46-67 mph gusts! Today it let up, only 20-35 mph...

USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire