Home Main Category Clubhouse

Fathers Day

AccipiterAccipiter New MemberPosts: 898 Senior Member
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers.  Got to enjoy some coffee in peace this AM, and got the well wishes from the wife and kids as they woke up.  Gonna smoke some ribs for dinner.

Hope you all have an enjoyable day also.
Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #2
    Happy Father’s Day to everyone. I’m in SoCal so no kids or pops to hang out with today.🙁
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Headed to Dads later. Got him a Chromebook for FD. He still has a 14yo (guess) Dell tower with a CRT monitor........ now he can surf from his recliner
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Thanks!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #5
    Thanks, and same to you.

I was going to sucker the kids into building the volleyball court today but the rain has made it kind of muddy out back. Instead, I am going to putz around putting together a draft system and **** box, plus get some corny kegs washed out and put in new seals.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    edited June 2019 #6
    Another silly word the auto-censor blocks... J.O.C.K.E.Y
    -Thomas Paine
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Another silly word the auto-censor blocks... J.O.C.K.E.Y
    How is jockey a bad word? Did it take on a new meaning after the millennium turned over?
    Anyway, happy father's day to all the dads on the forum, enjoy.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Ah, just got.
    When used in conjunction with another word,  the two words form a derogatory slang word.
    Understood 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

It's a case of two innocuous words equals a derogatory slang conjoining.
    A terrible way to punish two innocent words. 😁

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Haven't a clue about this...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    Thanks, Same to all of you.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    Yup, a happy Fathers Day to all of you dads, whether you know it or not...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 898 Senior Member
    Dinner is finished.  Think I will finish my evening with a scotch and a cigar.  Had to do some work on the work van today and clean the shop up, but I ordered some parts for my next firearms related project, so it was a net positive day.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    I am sipping on some Putin and ice, waiting for my daughter to get back from a friend's house. We are going to try out a new commercial cheese sauce for the food truck and I got some real/artificial lobster stuff to make lobster mac and cheese. And sloppy joes. My wife and daughter hate sloppy joes but me and the boy love them. And since it is Father's Day, I can get away with it (I am making the ladies burgers though).

Looking at the ingredient label, this stuff must be close to 50% lobster, but a fraction of the price. For stuff like mac and cheese and lobster rolls, it has the taste and texture of lobster at least....

-Thomas Paine
    lobster mac and cheese

Meh. The mac and cheese out powers the "lobster" to the point you can barely taste it. Not worth having on the food truck if it doesn't knock their socks off. This won't do that. They can get overpriced, bland food elsewhere. I want everything overpriced and tasty.
    -Thomas Paine
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
  • joyjoy22joyjoy22 Posts: 44 Member
    I hope that you all have fun celebrating this special day.