Home Main Category Clubhouse

How's everybody been doing?.......

ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
I haven't been on here in several days, have been feeling like shyte and haven't been up to logging on. Infection is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better, has been getting the best of me. How have all of you guys been doing?

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Doing well despite a smashed sleep schedule.  Got asked to go overseas on short notice and am still here...and still not on schedule.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I feel compelled to make the admission that I not only don't know what I'm doing. I'm not real sure how I'm doing either.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Let's see...transmission on the truck took a crap and the wife ha two feet of her transverse colon removed...I haven't wet a line in more than a month and the best part of the trout season is slipping away..You tell me how I'm doing
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    knitepoet said:
    Busy, hot, under the weather (bronchitis)
    Otherwise, life is good
    I hope you recover from the bronchitis soon! You are in my prayers.
  • ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Let's see...transmission on the truck took a crap and the wife ha two feet of her transverse colon removed...I haven't wet a line in more than a month and the best part of the trout season is slipping away..You tell me how I'm doing
    You and your wife are in my prayers!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Yup, don't ask loaded questions like that around here because they'll tell you.
    :D
    Hey Shannon, glad you're improving. Even if it is slowly. 👍
    Having an infection is bad. Having an infection along with Type 1 diabetes is a struggle. 😖
    Anyway, glad you're improving.
    Over here it's 100 and humid. That stick to the furniture type hot. Lots of indoors time so lots of online time. But I have a multitude of projects to keep me busy and that's good.
    Hope you feel much better soon. Let us know.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Meh... it’s a living.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    You and your wife are in my prayers!
    Thank you...very kind...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Welcome back
    Well, work has been super busy, it is PCS season.  But, went to the range the other day, heading out of town but have a house sitter this time. Glad your feeling better
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Washing machine took a crap and the wife’s brakes started grinding. The fact that we damn near need to build an ark doesn’t help matters either. Oh, up to my eyeballs in work too.
  • ojrojr Senior Member New ZealandPosts: 1,341 Senior Member
    Actually I've been doing really good, sorting out my 6.5 06 the last two weekends and my rugby team slipped into the playoffs.
    Sorry for others that have had a bad ride lately

And, I hate it when trout season is slipping away and not much line has been dampened.

The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Glad you're a little better. Weather here sucks, as we have had rain almost every day since I returned from Johnson City on June 4th. So much to my chagrin, I am unable to go out riding the motorcycle. The one positive is I found out my lawn irrigation system was leaking at the zone distribution manifold and it has taken me over a week to pull out the Crepe Myrtle tree that roots from it were pushing on the water pipes in the system. I had to shut the whole system down for this repair. If it weren't for the rain my lawn would be completely dried up in the heat. Also had to unearth the manifold which was a big job in itself. At least I have relatively good health, so for all of you not feeling well, I hope you get better soon.

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I just spent four days in S. California, some in-laws will be here on Monday,  there's something wrong with my snow plow truck, and this is the current weather condition, the day before summer. 

Shannon - glad you are doing better. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    Got to get my gall bladder removed Tuesday.  Other than that, I'm doing fine.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 898 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #17
    Add a chorus and this thread reads like a country song.

Hope you are all feeling better soon.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    I think you win Gene. Keep us posted.
    :#
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Hope it is an uncomplicated procedure Gene o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

I'm almost embarrassed to day it, but I'm just finer 'n frog fur.

Best wishes and prayers sent to all who are having problems.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling a bit better, Shannon. I can sympathize with your catheter woes. I underwent bladder surgery about a month and a half ago, and wore an "oversized" catheter for 5 days. I still ain't right. :s

While the doc had his knives out, he sliced off a chunk of my prostate and the biopsy indicated early stage prostate cancer. I go back in on July first for a consult. However it goes, I'm really dreading the catheter again.

Let's see.....since last August........ VFib resulting in cardiac arrest, (damn lucky to have lived thru that), ICD implant, Vascular surgery left leg, benign tumor removal from the bladder, diagnosis of prostate cancer.

For a guy that made it 59 years and 10 months with nothing more serious than a sinus infection, it's been a wild year.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #22
    Mike - I watched my father die of prostate cancer, because back in the day they took it out, but didn't follow up with targeted radiation or chemo. 20 years later, it came back and killed him. Moral of this story: Attack it aggressively and relentlessly! I know what my plan will be if/when I'm diagnosed with it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling a bit better, Shannon. I can sympathize with your catheter woes. I underwent bladder surgery about a month and a half ago, and wore an "oversized" catheter for 5 days. I still ain't right. :s

While the doc had his knives out, he sliced off a chunk of my prostate and the biopsy indicated early stage prostate cancer. I go back in on July first for a consult. However it goes, I'm really dreading the catheter again.

Let's see.....since last August........ VFib resulting in cardiac arrest, (damn lucky to have lived thru that), ICD implant, Vascular surgery left leg, benign tumor removal from the bladder, diagnosis of prostate cancer.

For a guy that made it 59 years and 10 months with nothing more serious than a sinus infection, it's been a wild year.

Mike
    Wow, Mike!  That's crazy.  I had no idea that pile of misery came your way.  Prayers coming your way, my friend.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Thanks, Luis....

On the upside, I've lost 15 pounds. 

On the downside......that was 10%+ of my body weight. ;)

Mike
    N454casull
    Zorba,

My Dad had his prostrate removed on his 73rd birthday. 1 day after his 74th, he dropped dead of cardiac arrest.

I'm beginning to believe that once Mother Nature discerns you are no longer a factor in the gene pool, the obstacles start coming at you hard and fast.

Mike
    N454casull
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    After watching my father die of prostate cancer, I *WANT* to die from a cardiac arrest! I do *NOT* want to go like he did, that's for sure.
    But I hear you, you're gonna go one way or another!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Paul.....

You damned nurses.......you're all the same........

The last nurse I saw told me, "Just because you thought you were healthy for 60 years
    doesn't mean you were".  She then hit me with the gas, and I didn't have time to respond.

I guess they don't teach bedside manner nowadays, unless it's in the most clinical sense.

LOL!

Mike
    N454casull
    Zorb,

After I was out of the woods, I told my cardiologist "Thank you for saving my life, and putting this whiz-bang miracle thing in my chest. I do appreciate it. I really do. OTOH, you've likely condemned me to a painful death in the hopefully distant future".

I couldn't tell if the look he gave me was tired or sad, but being a doctor has to suck most days, I'm thinking.

Mike

N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

****, Mike.  I had not idea your health was in such a state.  You should have said something.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    It's okay, Jerry. I survived the big one last August. These others are just bumps in the road. I'm just wishing there was a little more distance between bumps, so I could catch my breath.  ;)

Mike
    N454casull
    BTW, Jerry,

Those venison steaks you gave us last October are the best we've ever had. I keep telling Machell we need to save a few for special occasions. Then I get to thinking...."What the hell....every time we eat one it's a special occasion". 

Once again, many thanks.

Mike
    N454casull