Home Main Category Clubhouse

Happy summer/winter solstice.

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPodunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
For those who can't wait for summer (or winter) to arrive.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    And Blessed solstice to you as well!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Happy midsummer -- Litha. It gets darker from here on.
    ;)
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,911 Senior Member
    Today is my wedding anniversary. I picked this date because I knew I could remember it but I didn't tell her that. She has put up with me another year.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Hey, Jerry,

Lived here 15 years next week. It's been raining a bit every afternoon for the past month. We've not hit over 82F yet, mostly in the low 70's, with night time lows of mid 40's to low 50's. It's not been like this this time of year as long as I've lived here. By this time we've usually broken out the fans and fired up the swamp cooler a month ago. Bruce tells me this is what spring/summer was always like here in Colorado until 15-20 years ago.

I'm really liking this climate change. You left too soon.

Oh, wait.....you moved to Texas.

I guess it didn't matter much.

Nevermind.  :D

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Thanks, Mike.  I think.

In August of '87, I lived in Los Alamos, N.M.  I don't think the temps ever got higher than somewhere in the 50s for the entire month.  I couldn't hep but remember how hot August was back in west Texas.

Glad to know you're cool. :)

Jerry

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Today is my wedding anniversary. I picked this date because I knew I could remember it but I didn't tell her that. She has put up with me another year.
    Hah!  What a coincidence.  June 21 is also my parents' wedding anniversary (they just cracked 44 years) and is also my birthday (I was born on their second wedding anniversary).  I just cracked 42 years.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Thanks guys. Six Gun I can hardly remember being 42. I doubt we will make it to 44 years as it is not either one of us the first time but I certainly traded up. Happy birthday.   
    Thanks guys. Six Gun I can hardly remember being 42. I doubt we will make it to 44 years as it is not either one of us the first time but I certainly traded up. Happy birthday.   

I hear that.  Six Gun and MHS showed me what being 25 or more years older was all about last fall.  I was lagging woefully behind those two.

As for making it 44 years, that's not likely for me and my wife, either.

Jerry

SixGun gave me a pretty good idea of what 60 was gonna be like a couple years ago on an antelope chase.

Right then and there, I totally gave up the wishful dream of owning another rabbit beagle.

Mike
    N454casull
    I'm 59 - and the last 5 years have seen me slow down a LOT.
    But age affects different people differently. I attended dance classes taught by a 70 year old who came out of retirement to teach. She kicked our asses, danced us right into the floor - and that was just the first class!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    I took karate lessons in Okinawa. Instructor claimed he was 76 years old, but I'd give him credit for 10 more.

He was slow as a turtle. Anything he threw at you, you saw coming a mile away, except the one you didn't. 

I finally quit. It hurt. And I was tired of getting beaten 100% of the time by a midget 55 years my senior.

Mike
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    I took karate lessons in Okinawa. Instructor claimed he was 76 years old, but I'd give him credit for 10 more.

He was slow as a turtle. Anything he threw at you, you saw coming a mile away, except the one you didn't. 

I finally quit. It hurt. And I was tired of getting beaten 100% of the time by a midget 55 years my senior.

Mike
    Kind of like the guy dragging an oxygen tank up to the firing line, you know you are not going to win.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I quit aging after 45... I just refused. My body on the other hand has continued without my consent. 😖
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

It's not just the years but the miles. Some of the work I did when younger probably is causing some of my problems. My genetics would indicate that I won't live as long as others but I try to get all I can out of it. 
    Dry heat vs. high humidity heat is like comparing baking to basting.  Either way, it's hot.
    Jerry

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    SixGun gave me a pretty good idea of what 60 was gonna be like a couple years ago on an antelope chase.

Right then and there, I totally gave up the wishful dream of owning another rabbit beagle.

Mike
    You know, I still have never hunted rabbits behind a good beagle, but I hear, when done right, it’s a lot of work.

Gotta say: we did bust our butts trying to intercept that herd, though.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #19
    Isn’t this when you guys do your barrel break-in ritual?
    Only when it coincides with a blood moon.

)O(
    zorba said:
    Only when it coincides with a blood moon.
    That's a blood moon with cat juggling -- loin cloth recommended but not required for the really brave.

Declawed cats don't count!

)O(
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Wow, I have so much to learn from you guys.
    And all these years I thought it was a blue moon.  Thanks for clearing that up.
    Jerry

Six-Gun said:

Gotta say: we did bust our butts trying to intercept that herd, though.
    We  didn't bust our butts. I did. You didn't even break a sweat. Then pulled off one of the best field shots on a 'yote I've ever seen.

Me.....I was simply trying to stay upright enough to not drag my you know what thru the cactus.

Mike
    N454casull
    edited June 2019 #26
    And all these years I thought it was a blue moon.  Thanks for clearing that up.
    Its actually technically impossible for the solstice to fall on a blue moon - if one uses the sense that its the "second full moon of the month". For a month to have 2 full moons, neither of them can be on the 21st/22nd - but a blood moon can fall on any date!
    Of course, the so-called "blue moon" is an artifact of our calendar, nothing "natural" or "cosmic" about it.

)O(