Home Main Category Clubhouse

New Guy here...

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Greetings, how long have you been lurking?
    Long enough to get the lay of the land and know where at least some of the land mines and deadfalls are.  ;)
    Spk said:
    GunNut said:

Do you like gladiator movies?

Welcome, Mr. Nut.  I think you'll fit in just fine.

Sure, what’s there not to like?

Russell Crowe looks just Fabius in that scene....
    I meant Maximus... He looks Maximus!
    :D

Welcome aboard.
    We kid around a lot. Don't take anything too personal. Stay out of the basement it's haunted.

I had to do it.

Two of my favorite movies!  I don’t take anything personal unless it comes from my wife or kids.  Everyone else’s comments are expendable.  
    NN said:
    Welcome aboard
    Thank you!
    Zee said:
    Welcome. Always nice to have a new face. 
    Thanks.  I really enjoyed your thread on hunting with the 8mm Mauser.  
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Welcome aboard! I think you'll do just fine here.

And it's okay if you love the .270. Just do like me and pretend you don't.

Mike
    I can pretend with the best of them  B)
    Good, because most of these guys are posers. Zee, for example......likes to pretend he's a 3' 6" carney, when I know for a fact he's almost 4' tall.

And Pegasus likes to pretend he knows something about ballistics.

Common around here.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,814 Senior Member
    Glad to have you. Come on in and sit a spell
    GunNut said:
    Welcome aboard! I think you'll do just fine here.

And it's okay if you love the .270. Just do like me and pretend you don't.

Mike
    I can pretend with the best of them  B)
    Good, because most of these guys are posers. Zee, for example......likes to pretend he's a 3' 6" carney, when I know for a fact he's almost 4' tall.

And Pegasus likes to pretend he knows something about ballistics.

Common around here.

Mike
    Oh good, cause I like pretending that my extensive collection of airsoft guns and all my Chinese made tactical coyote colored gear makes me a real ninja!  I even tape plates to my back when I leave work.  You know, so I can take multiple rifle shots from a sniper.  B)
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Welcome hey, how long have you been lurking?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Since Tuesday at 06:43 AM.  Why?  o:)

Just kidding.  Not sure, a while just reading stuff that looked interesting and getting to know the folks a little before jumping in the pool.
    RugerFan said:
    Glad to have you. Come on in and sit a spell
    Thanks!
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Just kidding.  Not sure, a while just reading stuff that looked interesting and getting to know the folks a little before jumping in the pool.
    The "Someguy" (I think) reference with the taping on of the back plates dates you, that would be a LONG time to lurk.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

The "Someguy" (I think) reference with the taping on of the back plates dates you, that would be a LONG time to lurk.
    That was a reference to the original Mall Ninja (Gecko45) of Glock Talk fame.  Don’t know who Someguy is.
    Oop, you are right, my memory eludes me.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Oop, you are right, my memory eludes me.
    NP, my memory frequently goes to Bermuda on vacation without checking with me  :D
  • gatorgator Senior Member Salome ArizonaPosts: 1,746 Senior Member
    I was gone for awhile and recently came back so I too feel like a new guy, welcome, this is a good place.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
    gator said:
    I was gone for awhile and recently came back so I too feel like a new guy, welcome, this is a good place.
    Thanks!  Seems like it.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member In the sticks, OHPosts: 5,617 Senior Member
    Welcome.  
    Good to see a new face.  
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    What is your favorite barrel break-in procedure?  😁

You shoot it until the groups tighten up.  Then you alternate shooting and cleaning as necessary until the groups consistently open up.  Then you buy a new barrel and start the cycle again.
    Ok, I guess it is up to me to break the news to you.  A proper barrel break-in procedure involves loincloths and juggling chipmunks.......some barrels even require that the chipmunks wear the loincloths......
    jbohio said:
    Welcome.  
    Good to see a new face.  
    Thanks!
    GunNut said:

You shoot it until the groups tighten up.  Then you alternate shooting and cleaning as necessary until the groups consistently open up.  Then you buy a new barrel and start the cycle again.
    Ok, I guess it is up to me to break the news to you.  A proper barrel break-in procedure involves loincloths and juggling chipmunks.......some barrels even require that the chipmunks wear the loincloths......
    I use chipmunk skins as patches when I clean the bore.  Little know shortcut that works well and keeps the neighbors wives from asking me if I want to come in for “coffee” every 5 minutes when I’m outside in a loincloth.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #53

First welcome aboard!

That was gonna be my line! :D
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    That may cover the chipmunks but not the same as juggling live ones. And, you totally forgot the bonfire at night part
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Been lurking for a bit, getting the lay of the land.  Lifelong love of guns and all stuff guns related so I would love to participate to the best of my abilities.  Now I'll go back to my corner and stay out of the way, and I'll make sure I stay away from that black trap door marked "Politics Forum".

Thanks, GunNut

Howdy!  

No good deed goes unpunished...
    Diver43 said:
    That may cover the chipmunks but not the same as juggling live ones. And, you totally forgot the bonfire at night part
    Like I said. Shortcut!
    Gila said:
    GunNut said:
    Been lurking for a bit, getting the lay of the land.  Lifelong love of guns and all stuff guns related so I would love to participate to the best of my abilities.  Now I'll go back to my corner and stay out of the way, and I'll make sure I stay away from that black trap door marked "Politics Forum".

Thanks, GunNut

Howdy!  

Howdy right back’at’cha!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Won't work without a really crazy sounding chant. Similar to one that fills the night after stepping on the cat well trying to avoid the childrens rollerskates on the way to the midnight chamber pot.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    When I was a wee lad, the bane of my existence was my sisters' jacks buried in the carpet. We eventually outgrew that.

Now, my grandson has Legos. 

I'm re-living my childhood. And it's not a happy one.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Yeah stepping on legos is special but stepping on jacks is a whole other level of pain!