Home Main Category Clubhouse

Turkey breast smokin’

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberKaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Home grown 8# breast went in a couple hours ago. Brined for 24 and rubbed with roasted garlic, some herbs & spices, and a sprinkling of unsalted Tony C’s. 

I’ll provide an after pic once it hits 160. 
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Near St. LouisPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
    That's skin off? What's to keep it from drying out? 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Done. I’ll remove it from the grill and immediately vac seal. Let sit until RT, then refrigerate. Keeps the juices where they belong. Tomorrow I’ll slice into deli meat. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    That's skin off? What's to keep it from drying out? 

Slow and low. The smoker has a water bath, so it stays moist. The vac bagging seals the deal. 

Adam J. McCleod

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 898 Senior Member
    looks Good.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Southwest PAPosts: 2,907 Senior Member
    Damn that looks tasty!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    I have had a lot of trial and error experience with smoking meat and poultry, with as many failures as successes. Your method looks sound, to me. Brining is the key to poultry, in my experience, and the vacuum sealing sounds like a good idea, although the most important thing is not over-cooking.
    bisley said:
    ....although the most important thing is not over-cooking.
    True. A good temperature probe (I prefer blue-tooth) is key. Pull the meat as soon as the desired temperature is met. 

Like you mentioned, I've had failures and successes, but a lot less in recent years. 

Adam J. McCleod