Home Main Category Clubhouse

Murder Mystery on Netflix

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberJ&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
Just finished watching Murder Mystery on Netflix with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Let’s just say this won’t be nominated for any awards. I may have lost some IQ points watching it but I was entertained. Kinda dumb but I did laugh a lot!  It’s what I expected. 

This ones for if you’re looking for a laugh!
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

I watched that about a week ago.  I agree with your assessment.  It was trite and has been done before (i.e. Murder on the Orient Express), but I thought it was worth the watch.

There's another Sandler/Aniston movie that I watched recently called Just Go With It.  It's pretty good, too.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,687 Senior Member
    Watched last night, better than the Libtard debates!! Car chase was fun, AC/DC always makes me want to go fast!!
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    Watched last night, better than the Libtard debates!! Car chase was fun, AC/DC always makes me want to go fast!!
    I forgot to add that!  The car chase with AC/DC playing was the best part of the movie!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #5
    Jeff in TX said:
    Just finished watching Murder Mystery on Netflix with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Let’s just say this won’t be nominated for any awards. I may have lost some IQ points watching it but I was entertained. Kinda dumb but I did laugh a lot!  It’s what I expected. 

This ones for if you’re looking for a laugh!
    The Hallmark of most Sandler movies, lost IQ points. Who knows how many classes or life experiences I've washed away watching his movies! But more often than not, you will be entertained.
    Here's what Rotten Tomatoes said:
    "CriticsConsensus

Murder Mystery reunites Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler for a lightweight comedy that's content to settle for merely mediocre."

I have to admit that Just Go With It was a more fun movie. But after Grown Ups 1&2, that's not a big stretch. So have a beer or six-pack, break out the popcorn and hot wings then sit back and enjoy the mindless antics. There's no deeper meaning to Sandler movies, they're just go time killers. :D

ETA: There's no refund on the time you spend watching Sandler movies. You've been warned!
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain