Home Main Category Clubhouse

Total nuts and crazy 8 part true crime series on Hulu "The Act"

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberJ&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,552 Senior Member
OMGosh this is a true story and totally nuts.  My confines her daughter to wheelchair, got her a feed tube and a host other medical issues using Munchausen by proxy.  This goes on for over 20 years.  Lied about the daughters age and made her look 12.   They profited by it as the community and nation felt bad for the family and donated money.  Then the wheels come off the cart when the daughter meets an autistic boy online and they plot and murder the mother.

Wife and I just read the real account of this online.  The series is pretty spot on. This was totally nuts!  
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    The daughter is upset she got ten years, I'm pissed she didn't get more.  The mom was certainly no peach, but her murder was planned and executed in cold blood.  The daughter may have started out as a victim, but it seems like she stopped being a victim about the time she figured out how to sneak out of the house to have sex with guys she met on the internet.  She's as big a psycho as mom was... and possibly worse.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #4
    Yeah, well the mom set the stage. The daughter caught on to mom's game and just one upped her and went full on psycho.
    Not a healthy family dynamic for sure. Life in a mental institution might have been more appropriate. Not just for the murder but for the years of abuse she went through. If she's ever declared sane then send her to prison. But keep her off the streets.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    edited June 2019 #5
    The way she set this up, it seems to me like she was planning this for quite some time.  Years, maybe.  She was able to escape, yet chose not to.  Yes, she was "brought back", but if she really wanted gone, she could have achieved gone easily.  Look at how she set up the discovery of her mother's body... I think she wanted to be caught, only she wanted her "boyfriend" to be the one caught, (probably along the lines of "in a hail of gunfire") so she could be "rescued".

This looks like WAAAY too much planning to be a victim's cry for help, this was, IMO, daughter dearest's pledge to take over the family business, such as it was.  She was the reason for the public assistance, attention, etc. and she was tired of the dead weight her mother was. 
    George Carlin
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,552 Senior Member
    My wife and I have been discussing this with a friend whose a prosecutor for another city near us.  He said there had to be some really messed up stuff in her medical records to get the prosecutor to change their minds and not try them together.

Like I said this is pretty messed up all the way around.  As for wanting to get caught, I don't think so.  Neither one of them had a half of brain between them and I doubt she understood how they tracked them so quickly to WI by Nick's IP address on his computer.

I have to wonder if her mom was a sick as they portrait her.  If so, she only had a short time to live regardless. 

As if she didn't learn her lesson the first time.  She's engaged to another guy she met on line.  They said she'll be 32 when she gets out.  I'm assuming that is with good behavior.  If I were her, I'd change my name, move to small town USA and live happily ever after!  
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    There's all kinds of smarts.  She may not be able to do trigonometry, or spell it, and may not have even heard of it... but her actions show plenty cunning.  I guess time will tell. 
    George Carlin