Home Main Category Personal Defense

Bit of excitement today.

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberCentral MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
edited July 2019 in Personal Defense #1
Was just getting ready to head over to my office after lunch today and as I stepped out my back door one of our LEO's was looking into my open garage. I greeted him and he said they were looking for a guy and there was going to be a lot of cops in our neighborhood any minute, he gave me a description of the guy as he was continuing his walk through the neighborhood, I hollered after him if he was armed and he shrugged his shoulders. Wife went in to get a gun and lock things down and I gave my garage a once over since I have a loft, things looked undisturbed so I secured the garage and the wife in the house and headed to my office.
 I got there and realized I forgot some stuff and rolled back over to the house and grabbed my stuff and there was a different guy than the description walking in the alley behind my house so he hoofs it over to me and says the guy beat his wife bad and they have been looking for him since yesterday and shows me a picture of the guy on his phone off a Facebook page and continues his searching down the street. I hop back in my truck and as I am turning into the alley this guy comes walking through my neighbor's yard across the alley and he does fit the description.

He gives me an "oh crap" look as he is walking the same direction as I am rolling and I pull up a bit to fish out my cell phone and as I am tapping out 911 I hit the street and realize some of the neighbors are outside eating and enjoying the weather, I decided to head towards them in case the guy walks towards them and as I roll up on them they are hustling to get in their house. I get my neighbor's attention to look at the guy and he looks at me and says that is the guy. About then the 911 operator is talking to me and I start to relay some info and I see one of our cops coming from my left and I flag him down and say the guy is the alley heading south and he tromps on it and is rallying the troops with his radio.
The cops all start following after the officer I flagged and I decide to sit tight until my neighbors get in the house. 911 calls me back and I am telling her what happened with the officer I flagged and here comes the guy between the house to my left so I am relaying the play by play to 911 and she is relaying it to the cops. Well the guy ducks between my office and the house next to it and the cops show up on foot and in vehicles en masse, and are all running to where I last saw the guy. I can hear some talking and then I hear the snapping noise of the taser, and then I see a couple of the LEO's with some very different body language walking back to their vehicles, I gave them a minute and then rolled into my office parking lot to see them walking the cuffed guy to a cruiser.

Alls well that ends well, got me pretty amped up, but I think I did OK. Most agitated I have seen our LEO's, it has to be hard to ride that adrenaline down after a chase. I was not even actively chasing and I was jacked up. 
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,061 Senior Member
    Well done. 

Someone will be along on the forum to advise us of the police brutality and human rights violations you witnessed today by the JBT. 

😒
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    And people say there's never a cop around when you need one.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    I wonder when the body cam of the tasing will be on Police Activity on Youtube?  Would be fun to see.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Well done. 

Someone will be along on the forum to advise us of the police brutality and human rights violations you witnessed today by the JBT. 

😒
    I wonder when the body cam of the tasing will be on Police Activity on Youtube?  Would be fun to see.
    It's about 90 degrees and 90% humidity in my neck of the woods today, I would have tazed him for making me chase him with my gear on too, he's a local ner'do well, not the first time they have dealt with him. It was weird how many other folks, 4-5, that were wandering around and driving around looking for him too, almost seemed like they were looking for something, I flagged the cops again about 20 minutes after they caught him since they were parking in my parking lot and wandering around the site where they caught him, one of our LEO's showed and chatted at them and they left, pretty sketchy looking crew.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    And people say there's never a cop around when you need one.
    Our local guys are pretty straight forward guys, they are out and about when they are off duty with the rest of us, I live and work on the main drag, we have some conversations now and then about "stuff" so folks get along well.
    knitepoet said:
    Glad it worked out
    Yeah, they get it done pretty well when they have to on the rare occasion the SHTF.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    You did well. Most 911-callers couldn't lead you to their nose.  They owe ya one for sure. Good looking out. 👍
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,281 Senior Member
    You did a good job....being a good witness is the best thing we can do most times....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Well done. 

😒
    Cops are the enemy, the scumbag is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law -- even if he has a well known history. And there's never any reason to Taser anyone, it's just cruel! (hurts their feelings)

They probably should have tasered him a couple more times. He should thankful he wasn't shot!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

JasonMPD said:
    You did well. Most 911-callers couldn't lead you to their nose.  They owe ya one for sure. Good looking out. 👍
    Jayhawker said:
    You did a good job....being a good witness is the best thing we can do most times....
    Yeah, it was interesting to see our local PD on red alert, never see those guys like that, I was not going to get in their way, besides, I had a front row seat in my urban assault vehicle.
    Spk said:
    Zee said:
    Well done. 

😒
    Cops are the enemy, the scumbag is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law -- even if he has a well known history. And there's never any reason to Taser anyone, it's just cruel! (hurts their feelings)

They probably should have tasered him a couple more times. He should thankful he wasn't shot!

Now, now, I know your kidding, but, no rock throwing. 
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Well done. 

😒
    Apparently not.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • joyjoy22joyjoy22 Posts: 44 Member
    I am glad that is somehow turns out fine, you did a good action. 
    CHIRO1989 said:

Most agitated I have seen our LEO's, it has to be hard to ride that adrenaline down after a chase. I was not even actively chasing and I was jacked up. 
    I can only imagine.

Good on you for watching out for the neighbors too!
    I was in the middle of a 2-3 block cluster of cops, I figured that was the most prudent place to sit tight.
    joyjoy22 said:
    I am glad that is somehow turns out fine, you did a good action. 
    Thank you.