Home Main Category Clubhouse

Shooting with my grand son

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,727 Senior Member
Took my grandson (10 YOA) shooting today.  He shot my .22 Buckmark silenced with a red dot at about 18 yards.  No great groups, but he did OK off-hand.  Dot was faint, and he still was able to do it.  Not so great a time with my 10-22 full barrel silenced with a scope, but he's a small kid and couldn't get on the stock properly.  He actually got a couple of rounds in the 9 ring, viewing the scope from way back at the end of the stock.  The problem was not with his shooting, but the damned magazine which was dirty and stuck...as they all do, especially with all the blow-back of a silencer.

He didn't flinch at all when the striker fell on an unexpected empty chamber on the 10-22.

He loves shooting the .22s, especially the five rounds or so fired before the magazine gave up the ghost.  He's very sensitive to noise, and I had to tell him to remove them so he could hear instruction.  He learned to load the Buckmark's magazine (not all the way to 10) seat the magazine and hit the slide release.  There were a couple of safety things, but not that serious which I corrected him on and I think he learned from it.
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies