Home Main Category Clubhouse

Banned members, why and should they have been.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    With all due respect to Dan, I think we should have a chat about the correct spelling of "Marshal".....just saying....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    I believe he corrected folks about that a time or two. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    No disrespect to Dan, but Marshall, as in Penny. 

That was an inside joke made when he was “moderating”. It promptly stopped upon his passing. 

I thought a couple people might remember. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    To have been outed someone would have to be fooled....... Pretty sure nobody was.......

Should have just came back and said you missed posting. No one would have cared
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,811 Senior Member
    I was fooled...but I'm not too bright.

Anyway, I sure as hell am glad you are back. 
    Thanks
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

jbp-ohio said:
    To have been outed someone would have to be fooled....... Pretty sure nobody was.......

Should have just came back and said you missed posting. No one would have cared
    Well I thought I was being low key and I wanted to kill any thoughts of the moderator role associated with me.  Oh well, I’m back, and I never expected anyone to care much anyway.  So back to guns and such.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,047 Senior Member
    You said "kill" and "moderator" in the same sentence.

I'm not sure I'm liking your attitude.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    You said "kill" and "moderator" in the same sentence.

I'm not sure I'm liking your attitude.

Mike
    Snowflake 🤣

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,732 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    ..........the truth of the matter lies in the fact that.......act the fool and be treated as such. 

Don’t be an ass. Pretty simple. 
    AMEN! This forum is like anything else in life (job, friends...etc). You learn to play the game so you don't lose, not because you think your going to win.

I deleted the first part of your quote Z because I don't really agree with the moderator comment. I think our current mods are the best we have had. I know you are friends with some of the "ex's" but I don't believe they were doing a service to the forum. This is a public forum, not a "good old boys" club, belonging to a major publication that millions read and is free for ANYBODY that wants to join. They should feel welcome no matter their experience level. The "hazing" of new members was certainly getting way out of hand starting a couple years ago.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,047 Senior Member
    Ok....it's settled.

You're gonna be my first conspiracy.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    GunNut-- You like gladiator movies and spell the word lose as "loose". How is that not a dead giveaway?

Welcome back. It will be great to have you here as one of the guys.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    GunNut-- You like gladiator movies and spell the word lose as "loose". How is that not a dead giveaway?

Welcome back. It will be great to have you here as one of the guys.
    Thanks.  Looking forward to it.

Ok....it's settled.

You're gonna be my first conspiracy.

Mike
    🤣🤣🤣

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    So...
    When are you coming to a SE shoot? I know "life" intervened a couple of times, but I'd *still* like to meet you in person.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,295 Senior Member

Everything he said.
    zorba said:
    So...
    When are you coming to a SE shoot? I know "life" intervened a couple of times, but I'd *still* like to meet you in person.
    I will go to the next one for sure and wife is on board.  This year I had to go say goodbye to my ex-wife this past Memorial Day weekend.  Regardless of everything that went on between us we ended up having a great relationship with her and as the mother of my children I always loved her.

Man it’s been a rough few years...

RugerFan said:

Everything he said.
    Good to be back.  

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,659 Senior Member
    Have to admit that some new posters do seem familiar but I don't put a lot of thought into some things so I am with TT911 and RF. Glade to see you are really back.
    rberglof said:
    Have to admit that some new posters do seem familiar but I don't put a lot of thought into some things so I am with TT911 and RF. Glade to see you are really back.
    Thanks.  Like I said I was just dipping my toes to see how it went. I missed the interaction with other gun nuts. 

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    rberglof said:
    Thanks.  Like I said I was just dipping my toes to see how it went. I missed the interaction with other gun nuts. 
    Welcome back, peon!! B) 
    You're one of us again!!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    It is 2 confusing 4 me
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Big Al1 said:
    GunNut said:
    rberglof said:
    Welcome back, peon!! B) 
    You're one of us again!!
    Yep.  Naked and afraid... 😁

NN said:
    It is 2 confusing 4 me
    I know, me too.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Big Al1 said:
    GunNut said:
    rberglof said:
    Welcome back, peon!! B) 
    You're one of us again!!
      I am still waiting for a range report of your Norinco .22...............

Welcome back Brother.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman said:
    GunNut said:
    Big Al1 said:
    GunNut said:
    rberglof said:
    Welcome back, peon!! B) 
    You're one of us again!!
      I am still waiting for a range report of your Norinco .22...............

Welcome back Brother.
    Thanks!  You know what?  I have not fired that gun yet 😳  This gives me an idea that I have to mull over...

Big Al1 said:

Welcome back, peon!! B) 
    You're one of us again!!

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    "One of us, one of us, gabba-goo" is from the 1932 movie "Freaks."  A disturbing pre-Code movie with a big number of side-show real freaks where the freaks accept the Normal (who wants to marry a rich midget for his money).  Kind of a disturbing scene in a disturbing movie.   I looked it up earlier today, for what reason I can't remember, but not related to the above cartoon.  Google it, and you'll learn a lot....not much of it related to firearms.  Thread drift.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L said:
    "One of us, one of us, gabba-goo" is from the 1932 movie "Freaks."  A disturbing pre-Code movie with a big number of side-show real freaks where the freaks accept the Normal (who wants to marry a rich midget for his money).  Kind of a disturbing scene in a disturbing movie.   I looked it up earlier today, for what reason I can't remember, but not related to the above cartoon.  Google it, and you'll learn a lot....not much of it related to firearms.  Thread drift.
    Wow, never heard of it. Googling...

GunNut said:
    Gene L said:
    Wow, never heard of it. Googling...
    You’re braver than I am!
    Yeah, it was rather disturbing!!! 😱

• gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    I guess my hiatus and the fact that I am not all that bright is keeping me confused.......I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. 
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs