Home Main Category Clubhouse

Shooting at a California garlic festival

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,621 Senior Member
edited July 2019 in Clubhouse #1
TV is blowing up over this as I type, they are reporting the ATF is responding to the active shooter, what is up with that? Is there a field office nearby and they are assisting the local PD?
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    The political implications are in place.

A witness, Julissa Contreras, told NBC Bay Area that she saw a white man in his early to mid-30s firing a rifle that was "able to shoot three to four shots a second."

"It was just rapid firing," she said. "I could see him shooting in just every direction. He wasn't aiming at anyone specifically. It was just left to right, right to left. ...

"He definitely was prepared for what he was doing," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/multiple-victims-reported-in-possible-shooting-at-gilroy-garlic-festival/ar-AAF03Ra?ocid=spartanntp
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

How does Ms. Contreras know what the rifle is capable of? If he was prepared, he wouldn't have shot random. Speculation and nothing more. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #4
    Sounds like 3 dead so far, scene is still active and they are getting folks on Fox News to comment on the situation already. Sounds like the shooter is in custody
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I'm seeing 11injured and no deaths. We all know how these are reported and unfold. Tomorrow it will be something totally different. 

Adam J. McCleod

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Looking at the reports the timeline is all over the place . It was still an active scene and Kamilla Harris is talking gun control.  Time will tell what really happened
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    Everything reported in the first 48 hours will later turn out to be false.  That is how active shooting reporting works
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    How can that be? Kamala Harris made it "oh-so-SAFE" in California with her wonderful gun law decree.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    I am sure they will come up with laws a bit more stringent that will fix it.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #10
    Still waiting on an official press conference by police.

A Life Flight helicopter flew over the house so that can't be good.
    Many different accounts right now. More than one shooter and some said the shooter was shot others saying shooter at large.
    See what they say tomorrow.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers for all victims and families involved.
    edited July 2019 #12
    Official press conference saying 3 dead, 11 injured and one dead dirtbag plus a possible accomplice on the loose.
    We'll see what they say tomorrow.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,419 Senior Member
    Fortunately the shooter didn't aim well and the police did.  Reports are shooter had a 30 rnd magazine...what is wrong with the less then 30 yrs old crowd?  So many perps are young in these mass shootings.
    How can this be? 30 rd magazines are illegal in the PRC.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    Shooter was identified.  Seems to be kid of Iranian and Italian descent that had issues with what he called “mestizos” and rich white people.

But... we are in the 48 hour ‘nothing is right’ reporting window.  This could all be incorrect
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    True...yesterday the shooter was a white supremacist wearing a MAGA hat. 

;) 

Adam J. McCleod

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member

I heard about it about as much as I could stand.  We were trying to watch Life, Liberty and Levin on Fox News when FNC decided to run a marathon new alert.  Levin was interview two retired Attorney Generals about the Mueller investigation, when they broke in.  I don't know why they had to give it so much coverage, as most of it was a rehash of what had already been said, or a platform for editorializing. 

If I didn't know better, I'd swear they deliberately crashed Levin's program because they didn't want anyone to know what they were saying.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    That's "the news" for you: If you don't know anything new, just repeat what you've already said.
    I'd rather they just GO AWAY if they don't know anything new...

From the LA Times:

The AK-47 that was used in the attack was purchased legally in Nevada on July 9. Legan was originally from Gilroy but spent some time in Nevada living with family, according to the chief.

The last time I seen "AK-47" in the media, it was an SKS. 

Tomorrow it will turn out to be a 10-22. 

Adam J. McCleod

Ah, but you're not allowed to "import" such a thing into the state. How can this happen?

CaliFFL said:
    From the LA Times:

The AK-47 that was used in the attack was purchased legally in Nevada on July 9. Legan was originally from Gilroy but spent some time in Nevada living with family, according to the chief.

The last time I seen "AK-47" in the media, it was an SKS. 

Tomorrow it will turn out to be a 10-22. 
    Last night when I was watching the news, the Chief of police said it was an SKS but quickly added that it was an AK-47 type rifle.
    I immediately thought, way to confuse the media Chief.
    Today it's still an AK-47, we won't really know what it was until they release a picture of the actual weapon used.
    And now the shooter is a possible racist.

I just hope it's really toasty warm were he's at. 😈

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Ah, but you're not allowed to "import" such a thing into the state. How can this happen?
    Heck, it sounds like it might have been an SKS with a DM conversion.  As I recall, our wise legislators banned that combo by name back in '89.  Given all the Information Superhighway abilities we have today, THERE'S NO WAY those conscientious criminals haven't got the memo by now.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    I just read it was a WASR 10 in on VOX.com.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    VOX, huh? Real news not editorialized propaganda... :)

But the mass shooting that unfolded Sunday at a garlic festival in Gilroy, California, serves as a powerful refutation of the “good guy with a gun” myth — especially when the guns in question are high-powered weapons of war.

Consider this: After the 19-year-old Gilroy shooter opened fire with a WASR 10, a derivative of an AK-47, officers engaged him in less than a minute. That’s a very small window. Yet in that time, he was able to injure 15 people, including three who died from their wounds, before he was killed by officers. Videos from the chaotic scene indicate the gunman was able to fire off many more shots than just the ones that hit people.

Just a wee bit of cognitive dissonance...

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/31/20747505/gilroy-california-shooting-wasr-10-ak-47-trump-good-guy-with-gun-myth

Adam J. McCleod

REALLY? And what would have happened if there HADN'T been a "good guy with a gun?
    But that doesn't fit the agenda.

zorba said:
    REALLY? And what would have happened if there HADN'T been a "good guy with a gun?

Well, he did have a high powered weapon of war, so I'd say everyone dead at the Festival and climate change kills the rest of us in 12 years. 

This is why you avoid reading VOX. 

Adam J. McCleod

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    I heard last night that they went into his house and found his islamic stuff; another terrorist. 
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    LA Times says he had white supremacist materials...FOX says he had materials related to radical Islam...CBS says he had both...

Funny how the Times did not report the Isalmic materials and FOX did not report the WS materials. 

Almost like they both have an agenda....

Adam J. McCleod

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    LA Times says he had white supremacist materials...FOX says he had materials related to radical Islam...CBS says he had both...

Funny how the Times did not report the Isalmic materials and FOX did not report the WS materials. 

Almost like they both have an agenda....

Color me surprised
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #30
    Holy Crap! A one-size fits all bad guy! A radical Islamic white supremacist!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    CaliFFL said:

Well, he did have a high powered weapon of war, so I'd say everyone dead at the Festival and climate change kills the rest of us in 12 years. 

This is why you avoid reading the MSM.
    FIFY...