Home Main Category Clubhouse

Well, It's official...

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,094 Senior Member
    Thanks Mike
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    You rock!  I know you stayed in your lane and are transitioning from emt type work to RN, but it is a heck of a middle life change.  Congrats!!!
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,916 Senior Member
    Paging Nurse Poet, Paging nurse poet. Ms Demon in Rm. 666 is ready.......

Congrats
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    Congratulations.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    Well done sir.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Thank you all!!!
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Great job there poet !
    With all the extra money you will have loads of new guns to buy . B)
    Thanks Ron

• RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 232 Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    It is more important to have 1/2 a brain and common sense than to know all the obscure answers to questions on an exam, lots of folks with none of the above and a personality like a stack of paper plates ace tests and fail in practice, you are going to do great, congratulations!
    This! All Year Long.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Congratulations, Paul!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Thank you both

Thank you!

Here's Dr. Bowen actually pinning me

edited August 2019 #45
    LOL, yep
    AFAIK, she didn't draw blood on anyone. She's had a LOT of practice in her years over the nursing program.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    Congrats my friend. I know it was a lot of work. Now we need pics of you in your naughty nurse uniform!!
    See the source image

edited August 2019 #47
    @Big Al1 :D lol :D 

and thank you

• ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    I am D.U.N done with nursing school.
    Had my final this morning and the grades just posted.
    I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I did well enough to pass.

Pinning (graduation) is tomorrow and then I'll have to take the boards and then I'll be a RN.
    Congrats, Paul.  I can tell you from my recent experiences that while it was the docs who prescribed the treatments and the drugs, it was the nurses who got me through it all and who knew a heck of a lot more about what I needed than the docs did.  RNs are the real heroes of medicine.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,793 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Here's Dr. Bowen actually pinning me

You clean up nice!  Did we use grandpa’s razor? 😁
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:You clean up nice!  Did we use grandpa’s razor? 😁
    Thank you.
    As a matter of fact, I did. I also explained all about it to my 2 oldest grandsons (11 and 9) and let them know that when I'm dead and gone, one of them will be getting that razor.

Ken, Doctors may order treatment, but it's nurses that get the stuff done. Glad you had good ones and I hope folks will feel the same way about my care.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    Congrats my friend. I know it was a lot of work. Now we need pics of you in your naughty nurse uniform!!
    See the source image

That's just cuckoo...  :D
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    Thanks Jeff

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Only problem with you being a RN is your too big to give crap to.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    That's the general idea Ned

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    edited August 2019 #56
    knitepoet said:
    Thanks guys

Bullsi, there's been a running joke since I started nursing school, "C's gets degrees" :D 

No joke. Daughter had a C avg. She also worked full time and lived on her own. Had that discussion with a few of the outlaws who were being less than kind.

Congrats on getting through

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Thank you!
    Now just waiting on my "Authorization to test" from the state

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Congrats Paul. I've worked with a lot of new RN's and I can surely tell you the one that got straight "A's "are not any smarter than the rest. They just think so :D  

Sako
    Similar situation for me...

I never claimed to be the greatest (or even just great) mechanic, but I worked with a guy who was an ASE certified master tech.  The dude held every certification that applies to turning wrenches... but could not find his own ass, even using both hands.  

Congratulations KP!  Well done!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Thank you CGG

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,188 Senior Member
    We're all proud of you for toughing it out, Paul!  We know it's been a long, hard slog, but it's behind you now and there will only be better things ahead, including more $$$ for your gun fund!  Super good job, dude !!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Thank you Vic