Home Main Category Clubhouse

Guitar Update

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 16,128 Senior Member
No photos until tomorrow. I can't seem to find the old thread so I will start a new one. I got the black Chinese "Jazz Bass" running last weekend along with the red Peavy "Strat". I put a loaded Lace Sensor pickguard in the Strat and the Jazz Bass was some Chinese thing I paid $50 for the body and electronics for plus $25 for a neck and another $25 for tuning keys.

The Strat kicks **** Jazz Bass? My neck pickup isn't working but I set up the action and intonation and it plays great! It doesn't sound half bad either. I will probably wind up replacing the guts on that.

I figured out an integrated amplifier system. I picked up a 4-12" Line 6 cabinet and a 600 watt, 6 channel Pyle power amp. Then there is a 12 channel mixer. Anyway, I will be picking up the Hartke 1-15" and 4-10" enclosures tomorrow to add to this. Then I will take photos.

In theory, I should be able to run all this stuff into midi for recording. If not, I literally have a wall of sound.

Green hard tail Strat? I am going to try to wire her up and set her up this weekend. I had a custom pickguard built with classic Strat for the neck and middle position, then full balls for the bridge. I am looking forward to hearing it. The Blue Jazz Bass? That has an active EQ. I have to drill some freaky holes in the body to conceal the wiring. I hope to have that running soon.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
-Thomas Paine

Replies