Home Main Category Clubhouse

How I spent my Saturday

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I forgot to get some smoked fish this year well in Michigan.

Bet yours is less salty than the Lake Michigan shop. Looks tastey.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    Well I'd say you had a good Saturday. The fish, not so much  :D

Sako
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Ok, everything is in vac bags and cleaned up. 

That is a wild caught king salmon, brined in salt and brown sugar, with a Creole rub. 185°F for four hours using soaked mesquite chunks. Pretty damn good. 

This was the maiden voyage for the new smoker. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    I will see your salmon and raise you 8 walleyes, before

After

Not a bad Saturday, caught more after lunch.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    I will be looking for salmon next weekend, tweek your recipe so I can enjoy the fruits of your labor
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    Looks very great.  Although I'm not a fan of smoked fish, I sometimes crave them.  When my daughter lived in Oregon, I spent many fruitless days fishing for Atlantic salmon.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I will see your salmon and raise you 8 walleyes, before

After

Not a bad Saturday, caught more after lunch.

Man, I love fried walleye. Don’t have any local. 

Adam J. McCleod

CHIRO1989 said:
    I will be looking for salmon next weekend, tweek your recipe so I can enjoy the fruits of your labor
    Good luck salmon fishing! 

Adam J. McCleod

CHIRO1989 said:
    Good luck salmon fishing! 

Adam J. McCleod

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    You went full Dahmer on that fish........... ;)

I had so many people giving me smoked salmon when I was stationed in Alaska I was sick of it.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,778 Senior Member
    edited August 2019 #12
    Following the wife around stores carrying bags,  Hey she’s happy!  😁

But I’m a little jealous of your day.  I love smoking fish and that looks amazing!!!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    That does look good.

I spent my Saturday at work, but today I get to spend at least my morning at the range with my dad.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,825 Senior Member
    Nothing better than smoked salmon, except for the fresh fried walleye. Both my favorite fish!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    Walleye is by far the best tasting fresh water fish. I used to love the king salmon we caught in the PNW, but lost the taste for it over the years. I bet it's great smoked though.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    My Saturday didn't involve fish or fishing, but I did get to wander around the Orlando gun show for a couple of hours while my daughter was taking her CCW class.  😁