Home Main Category Clubhouse

Oh no! There's a federal arrest warrant out for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 7,748 Senior Member

It appears that I'm in deep trouble with the social security administration.  I know this because I just got a pre-recorded call advising me of such.  For details, and to talk to the officer in charge, all I had to do was press 1 on my phone key pad.

What to do?  What to do?

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,279 Senior Member
    I KNEW IT!!!!!!! 
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    I KNEW IT!!!!!!! 

That settles it.  It must have been your arresting me.
    Jerry

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,740 Senior Member
    Me too.
    #colormebad
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,067 Senior Member
    I am in the same trouble according to a couple of pre-recorded messages I got....but with the IRS.....
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,857 Senior Member
    Give them your wallet quick. :D

Still a lot of this stuff going around. I guess cause it works sometimes.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,861 Senior Member
    Well, I'm doubly dammed,
    Social Security called me yesterday and the IRS today.

Apparently I've been a BAAAAAD man
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    Who else is having their SSN deactivated??  Apparently Sharron Williams wants to help me clear up my federal student debt as well.
    mitdr774 said:
    Who else is having their SSN deactivated??  Apparently Sharron Williams wants to help me clear up my federal student debt as well.
    My wife's is being deactivated.

I pressed 1 to speak to someone about my student loans the other day (which I don't have) and read the woman on the other end the riot act.  She said, "But sir, you can request to be removed from our calling list." I pointed out that since I am on the FEDERAL do not call list, I already HAD.
    I also asked the company name and what state they were located in so I could turn it over to the FCC and my personal lawyer.

Surprisingly, they haven't called me back, after having called me for 5 or 6 days in a row.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    It is not difficult to set them up so they get arrested.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 6,767 Senior Member
    Well, Jerry....I've always suspected you'd come to a bad end.

If Kathy needs anything during your incarceration, we have a free cat.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,657 Senior Member
    Me Three, they have called a few times now.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    GunNut said:
    I KNEW IT!!!!!!! 

That settles it.  It must have been your arresting me.
    Nah, I just had you pegged as a sketchy dude 😁

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    Huh. 

All I ever get is "Lisa, from card member services" and offers to extend my vehicle's warranty...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    I constantly get calls from an automated number about “my google business listing”. They patch you through to a real person if you stay on the line. I’ve busted 3 people’s eardrums  so far with an airhorn from Amazon. Never heard cursing in Indian until then.
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 209 Member
    I will not be seeing you fine folks on this forum anymore. Trouble with the IRS, my Federal student loan has problems of some sort, there's an arrest warrant out for me and my Social Security account has been suspended. That's just this week! Man, when it rains it pours. Now if that Nigerian Prince would just hurry up and get me my money so I can hire a lawyer to clear all of this up!  Scumbags.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,931 Senior Member
    Had one of these calls a few months ago, if a number doesnt come up on my caller ID i usually dont answer it, but this was a local number, I played along with them and told them I was at work and call me back and gave them the number of the Brevard County Sheriff's office, havn't got any calls since.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,400 Senior Member
    I'm sure Sheriff Ivey took care of it!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I love the ones telling me that one of my accounts is in collections and that if I don't act right now and speak to a representative I will be (insert inane threat here).   :D

I get the google ads one almost every week.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:

Yep, mine is deactivated, but they keep taking $$$ from my pay. Not sure why...

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    The one I get constantly is “Dave, from your local Air Duct Cleaning company.”

I like the air horn idea.  I think I will go pick one of those up.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    I get those calls all the time. Fortunately, my Navy Language Training skills come in very handy when talking to them. I've added a few 'magic words and phrases' to those over the years.I have one in particular that sets off the Middle Eastern folk like you would not believe. One of the new Medicare/IRS/SS scams is coming out of Jamaica; I checked the Ph # on a few to find out.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    Just about all the calls I get are using spoofed numbers.   Makes it hard to track the real location. 
    This past Friday I got SEVEN calls telling me my SSN had been suspended. I don't care. Before I get to use it the system will be dead broke.

Mike
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    Well, Jerry....I've always suspected you'd come to a bad end.

If Kathy needs anything during your incarceration, we have a free cat.

Mike

Mike, old buddy, that will surely make two women very mad at you.
    Jerry

edited August 2019 #26
    Yeah.....

I hadn't thought about that.........

Thanks.

Would Christmas cards suffice?

Mike
    N454casull

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,400 Senior Member
    Me too. The Telcos need to step up and do their part. Why is it so easy to spoof a different phone number?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    edited August 2019 #29
    From what I've heard, so "Joe" that works for "XYZ industries" can have "XYZ Industries' " main number show up on your caller ID when he calls

So I can see a legitimate reason, corrupted by the illegal robocallers

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    What can I do to deactivate my social security number?  Does that mean I get more take home pay?

I am VERY OK with this.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • aakanksha5aakanksha5 Posts: 2 New Member
    Even I got some of the Pre-recorded messages.