Home Main Category Clubhouse

Prayer Request

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,622 Senior Member
My dad has been dealing with a wound on his small toe and got tired of dealing with the podiatrist and checked himself into the hospital, they are considering amputating the toe and possibly the whole foot, not sure if I am getting the full and correct story, prayers would be appreciated. 
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,778 Senior Member
    On their way brother.  Praying for a swift and positive outcome so he can get back home quickly.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,934 Senior Member
    done.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Yeppers.
    Is he diabetic?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,030 Senior Member
    Done!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Done deal, buddy.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 733 Senior Member
    Prayers on their way, hoping for good outcome for your dad.:'(
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Good grief, I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope that your Dad will be able to avoid something as drastic as an amputated foot.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Prayer out from the ridges. Hope they can do with just amputating the little toe.
    And I'd see about getting a second opinion on that foot amputation; seems drastic for a bum little toe problem, but I don't know the whole story behind the problem so I'll let the Docs, who know much more than me, handle that, and pray that God guides their decisions.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    Prayers this turns out better than expected. o:)
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    On the way, hoping for the best outcome.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    Done...is he diabetic?  I am, and have to take special care of my feet...circulation is limited to the feet.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    My best for your Dad o:)
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    Prayers outbound
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Thanks folks, he is diabetic and a smoker, he has circulatory problems in that leg from old injuries and some mild frostbite as a kid to boot, they ended up taking all of his toes but left his heel, he is not out of the woods yet, they need to stent some blood vessels in his leg too, surgery went well today, we will see tomorrow. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers for quick recovery.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Diabetes is no small matter. I pray things turn out for the best. He has my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

He awake and eating today, so far so good.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,825 Senior Member
    Prayers sent hope he doing good!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    You got it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Another knee mail out for a quick recovery and some circulation improvement to that foot.
    Since they took all his toes, a good quality cane is in order as the big toe contributes around 50% to overall balance when standing and walking.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    Another knee mail out for a quick recovery and some circulation improvement to that foot.
    Since they took all his toes, a good quality cane is in order as the big toe contributes around 50% to overall balance when standing and walking.
    He said the surgeon wants to take the whole foot for a prosthesis instead, not quite sure what is up, I will know more tomorrow. 
    Dad had a stroke after his surgery, he has major plaque in his circulatory system pretty much everywhere, they waited several days to see if he would have a motor stroke, they felt he had been stable enough to take more of his leg and did so tonight, he was sawing logs like he was sleeping at deer camp when they were done so I took that as a good sign, see how rehab goes, stroke is more cognitive issues and balance than large motor deficits , dad is still in there but has some big pauses, keep praying.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Prayers continue for his stability and recovery during all of this uncertainty.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    just prayed
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    edited September 2019 #27
    Sending my prayers out for your dad. Please keep us updated. I know it's a difficult time for you and your family right now.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers will continue.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,812 Senior Member
    I hope he is doing better today.o:)
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,148 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Dad had a stroke after his surgery, he has major plaque in his circulatory system pretty much everywhere, they waited several days to see if he would have a motor stroke, they felt he had been stable enough to take more of his leg and did so tonight, he was sawing logs like he was sleeping at deer camp when they were done so I took that as a good sign, see how rehab goes, stroke is more cognitive issues and balance than large motor deficits , dad is still in there but has some big pauses, keep praying.
    My mom had a minor stroke post surgery a few years ago.  There are some minor short term memory issues, but all in all a full recovery.  

Prayers out for your dad.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Thanks all, he has started rehab, going to take some time for sure.