Home Main Category Clubhouse

Prayer Request

2»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Dad had a bad turn last thursday, stroke is "evolving" to include more surrounding tissue and the CT showed what looks like a new stroke in his corpus collosum, we are not able to rouse him but briefly for the past 72 hrs,  had the talk with the Hospitalist yesterday and I am doing the hospice paperwork today, a lot of adulting the past 3 weeks, got dad to pray the sinners prayer with me a week or so ago and my cousins had a priest to pray with him too, so continued prayers my dad has his bases covered and he is comfortable as his body winds down would be appreciated
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,030 Senior Member
    Thoughts and prayers continue your way, my friend.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    My best for you, your Dad and your family.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    Prayers for you and your dad for comfort and strength
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    Prayers for strength for you and yours
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers for your dad and for you.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Prayers out.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    edited September 2019 #39
    Dad passed away peacefully this AM, the wife and I spent the night with him, interesting process to watch, he definitely could hear us because we could see his heart rate change on the monitor when we were talking, odd sensation to be fatherless.

Thank you all very much for the prayers and support.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    Our condolences to you and your family
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,292 Senior Member
    My condolences 
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,030 Senior Member
    It is an odd sensation to be fatherless, but your actions and emotions during his final hours were surely noticed by him....and others.

I've gone through this with a wife, brother, father, mother, and three step-sisters. It's not easy to be the strong one, but somebody has to be, and during the ensuing years when you remember you were that one (and you will) you'll find much comfort.

And time doesn't heal. But it does take the sting out. Trust me on this. You'll become accustomed to the loss eventually, and you'll remember the good times much more often than the worst.

Best wishes to you, my friend.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    It is an odd sensation to be fatherless, but your actions and emotions during his final hours were surely noticed by him....and others.

I've gone through this with a wife, brother, father, mother, and three step-sisters. It's not easy to be the strong one, but somebody has to be, and during the ensuing years when you remember you were that one (and you will) you'll find much comfort.

And time doesn't heal. But it does take the sting out. Trust me on this. You'll become accustomed to the loss eventually, and you'll remember the good times much more often than the worst.

Best wishes to you, my friend.

Mike
    Very wise words.

Prayers for strength and courage during this transition. You and yours will adjust. The numbness and pain will fade away. Then the good memories begin.
    🙏🙏🙏
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    My sincere condolences. It sounds like he passed peacefully, a great blessing.
    I held my fathers hand as he passed a few years ago, a moment I will hold in my heart forever.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    Chiro, so sorry for your loss
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,778 Senior Member
    My deepest condolences brother.  Yes it is indeed strange to be fatherless but like everything in life it’s all about stages.  Praying for strength for you and the family.  
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,733 Senior Member
    God bless.  I'm glad you were there with him.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    What Linefinder said - you'll never completely "get over it", but the pain will lessen, and turn into wistfulness. It takes 2 years for the most of the pain to pass, but my wife lost her parents 4 and 5 years ago, and she still has "problems" around their death days. Goddess Bless.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Thanks for the encouragement folks
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery...….
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,812 Senior Member
    My condolences, and Linefinder said it better than I could.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Condolences and prayers from us chiro.