Home Main Category Clubhouse

Old member, infrequent contributor.

mosseybuckmosseybuck MemberPosts: 524 Senior Member
Hey Jerry, I didn't want to hi-jack NC454Casulls age related thread so I started a new one. The last 14er I climbed was almost four years ago, that was Mt Blanca at 14,345'. I made a couple of grueling hikes up the Lake Zapata falls trail since then that were harder than some of the 14ers I climbed. Zapata Lake is about 12K'. I still enjoy climbing those mountains but they're a little harder than my first 14er when I was only 70;) . I drop in here from time to time but not as often as I used to. Still a good bunch of guys to talk with occasionally. Hope your number is still the same, I'll give you a call soon.
USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member

Paul, my cell number is the same.  I don't have a land line any more.  PM me for info if you don't have my cell number.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Paul, back in the 60s when I was young i did a lot of climbing in Colo, Alaska, N.Z. etc.  The 2 hardest climbs I ever did were Crestone Needle, 14,197' and the N face of Longs peak 14,259' the needle took me 6 or 7 try's. About 2005 i did Humboldt peak 14,064' that was a walk up, FWIW I used to live in Westcliffe.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,815 Senior Member
    If you still live where I think you do we will be going thru there for an elk hunt this fall. 
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,039 Senior Member
    Missed you,  Paul. Quit being a stranger.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,095 Senior Member
    Welcome back stranger

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.