Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,687 Senior Member
    I remember every day!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    jaywapti said:
    Please take a moment to remember.

JAY

Despite our differences, you attack one of ours -- we're coming after you!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Never forget.  We had a really nice formation ceremony at my deployed location today.  It's a small location, but all available hands were in attendance.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    That's one of those life moments that you NEVER forget exactly where you were and what you were doing...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    I know that I will never forget
    I only hope that our young ones understand, they were young, it is up to us to make sure they understand exactly what happened to America on 9/11
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Another day in history when uncommon valor was a common virtue....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Running through 3 different airports today. Hard not to temember
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    It was a Tuesday morning, my wife and I were sleeping in as we had an appointment for a portrait to be taken that day. About 9:15 (California time), the phone rings, my wife answers. Its her sister saying something about "We're under attack!", and to go turn on the TV.
    So we did and we saw...
    Still had the portrait taken, but it was hard. Had to go to the salon first for a hair do, then go to the photo studio next door. The portrait hangs to this day in our bedroom, but its always a reminder.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member San Luis Valley, CoPosts: 564 Senior Member
    I'll never forget and will probably never forgive the animals responsible!
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Was at work, saw the first hit almost live on TV, and thought, "WTH!! That pilot went in almost  wings level. Not an accident....deliberate.....pilot committing suicide maybe? No....it's the WTC.............Terrorists.....gotta be".

A couple minutes later the second plane hit. No doubt after that.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Seeing those planes hit those buildings was the worst thing Ive ever seen in my life. 
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    I was on I-94 going to O2 service to buy a new MIG welder when I heard it on the radio, before I got to O2 the 2ed  plane hit, at O2 everyone was watching TV, no one was working, I stayed there for 5 or 6 hours watching TV with the workers, didnt buy a welder, since i was retired I called my old base and asked if I could re up and fly or train flight engineers I was told I was to old. That was one of the worst days of my life.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT