Home› Main Category› Clubhouse

Sad update on Sue Brooks...

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 743 Senior Member

I just talked to Elvan, Sue has been steadily declining and today Hospice told him she had only 2-3 days left. She is now on liquid oral morphine for comfort, and is not recognizing folks. She has been refusing food for a while and her blood pressure is very low. She will be kept at home where Elvan knows she would want to be. He sounds so very tired, his twin, Eddie, is coming down from Vermont tomorrow to be with him.

Prayers continue for Elvan as he goes through this ordeal and for Sue's gentle passing into her eternity. She has been a blessing to all who knew her. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers in their behalf. 😢🙏🙏

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    May God embrace her and ease her back home painlessly, and may He give Elvan the strength to support her in her journey.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,984 Senior Member
    Prayers from us for Elvan and Sue.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    So sad, prayers for the family.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Goddess/God/whatever/whomever Bless her on her journey through the Veil. But I know Sue is ready for this journey.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Wishing for a peaceful journey for Sue and Strength for Alvan
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Prayers for an easy transition and family peace.

Dan
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    I pray for a gentle and peaceful transition for Sue. The world will lose a light.
    I pray strength and peace for Elvan during this most difficult time.
    John 14:2
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Just Prayed o:) Sue is comfortable and Elvan is strong.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    Prayers sent.  God bless her and her family.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • joyjoy22joyjoy22 Posts: 44 Member
    Including them in my prayers tonight. 
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    Please pass on my thoughts and prayers to Elvan and family Mary. I will always regret that I havent been able to make it over there for the past few years and meet up with them both again.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....