Home Main Category Clubhouse

Dr. Squatch Soap

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    👍 Looks like a few distant friends may get some for Christmas stocking stuffers
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Paraphrased and stolen from Facebook:

We live in a time when our food is loaded with chemicals that I can’t even pronounce and our meat is full of hormones and antibiotics.  And yet my soap is 100% organic oats, milk, honey and other natural great stuff.  I think I’m just going to eat my soap...
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Now, if it could just get all of the dirt off the palms of your hands...  Them's working hands!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,069 Senior Member
    edited November 2019 #95
    Zee said:
    Oh yes. There will be lather. And evidence of such!!!

So, having used all three multiple times......

Pine Tar: When you earned your pay that day and wear the grime to prove such. It’s like Lava Soap with a better aroma and cleaner, less sand blasted feeling. It exfoliates with a fresh scent. 

Cedar Citrus: A good daily soap. Fresh, lively feeling that leaves you squeaky clean, not oily and coated. A nice cool, tingly after affect as well. Really like this one. 

Nautical Sage: More of a moisturizer than a cleanser. Used this one the least as I felt like I’d just slathered myself in lotion afterwards. No thanks. I’m not a smooth, oily, moisturizing kind of guy.  I want clean and crisp. Not smooth and clammy. 

I have ordered a selection of my own. 

Pine Tar (x2): I work for a living.
    Cedar Citrus: Great Daily Use
    Cold Brew Cleanse: Who doesn’t like coffee?
    Bay Rum: I like Rum and might be a good dress up and be presentable soap. 
    Spearmint Basil: Supposed to be another crips, fresh feeling soap. 
    Eucalyptus Yogurt: Supposed to be another exfoliating option and I like exfoliating. 

We will see. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Southwest PAPosts: 2,907 Senior Member
    edited November 2019 #96
    Looking forward to the next review. I may have spoke too soon. I will probably be getting more pine tar and cedar citrus. Will wait for your review on the others since we seem to like the same kinds for the same reasons.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #97
    Copy that GhostRider, no dice on the Nautty Sage. Don't wanna feel like a greased up pig looking for a prison date. 👍
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Spk said:
    Copy that GhostRider, no dice on the Nautty Sage. Don't wanna feel like a greased up pig looking for a prison date. 👍
    Did you try some?
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    Just a FYI, the soap is available on Amazon. Price is higher, but if your only going to get one bar to try it, the shipping almost makes it a wash.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Zee said:
    Spk said:
    Did you try some?
    Haven't tried any of them yet. Been sitting around waiting for all the reviews to come in.
    I might go on Amazon and try a bar once you guys reach some kind of general consensus.
    For now I'll just keep using the store bought stuff. My wife keeps buying Dove, Lever2000 and Irish Spring. Of the three I just use the Irish Spring. The other two make me feel like I'm ready to walk the Hollywood Boulevard.
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

I hate Dove. Too oily. 
    Don’t know if I’ve ever used Lever 2000. 
    Used to use Irish Spring. 

Pine Tar & Cedar Citrus beat them so far. 
    Zee said:
    I hate Dove. Too oily. 
    Don’t know if I’ve ever used Lever 2000. 
    Used to use Irish Spring. 

Pine Tar & Cedar Citrus beat them so far. 
    Those 2 are definitely the "cats pajamas" so far. I think I had sticker shock at first, but came to realize that with slight care it actually lasts quite long and outperforms regular soap. You actually get 2 bars out of 1, so that cuts the cost in half. Still interested in a couple others Z has purchased so I will wait to place another order. 
    I used their holiday savings to save 25% and got free shipping. 

I’ll send you some halves to test. 
    They have a special 10 for 49.00.  Wife ordered some for Son in Law, think I am getting one also
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Zee said:
    I used their holiday savings to save 25% and got free shipping. 

I’ll send you some halves to test. 
    Would be much appreciated. Only send the ones you like though. We have had the EXACT same opinion so far. Just not great at getting mine across.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Someday, maybe after this thread is long dead......I'll try something new. But for now, my current soap tastes good enough.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Someday, maybe after this thread is long dead......I'll try something new. But for now, my current soap tastes good enough.

Mike
    I didn't know your a millennial 
    knitepoet said:

Mike

Now that’s actually funny. 😁
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Zee said:
    Oh yes. There will be lather. And evidence of such!!!

So, having used all three multiple times......

Pine Tar: When you earned your pay that day and wear the grime to prove such. It’s like Lava Soap with a better aroma and cleaner, less sand blasted feeling. It exfoliates with a fresh scent. 

Cedar Citrus: A good daily soap. Fresh, lively feeling that leaves you squeaky clean, not oily and coated. A nice cool, tingly after affect as well. Really like this one. 

Nautical Sage: More of a moisturizer than a cleanser. Used this one the least as I felt like I’d just slathered myself in lotion afterwards. No thanks. I’m not a smooth, oily, moisturizing kind of guy.  I want clean and crisp. Not smooth and clammy. 

I have ordered a selection of my own. 

Pine Tar (x2): I work for a living.
    Cedar Citrus: Great Daily Use
    Cold Brew Cleanse: Who doesn’t like coffee?
    Bay Rum: I like Rum and might be a good dress up and be presentable soap. 
    Spearmint Basil: Supposed to be another crips, fresh feeling soap. 
    Eucalyptus Yogurt: Supposed to be another exfoliating option and I like exfoliating. 

We will see. 
    I use bay rum after shave because I like the smell of it, and I don't ca
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    edited December 2019 #111
    knitepoet said:
    Gila said:
    I use bay rum after shave because I like the smell of it, and I don't ca
    As do I. I use Old Ogallala bay rum aftershave
    Half of my posted vanished.  It was that my wife doesn't like bay rum.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Decisions. Decisions. 

Which to try first. 
    The Pine Tar and Cedar Citrus are a known. 
    Of the new ones, Bay Rum smells the best of everything. 
    Cold Brew Cleanse is kinda nice smelling as well. 
    Spearmint Basil is kinda strong smelling but not off putting. Will just have to see. 
    Eucalyptus Greek Yogurt seems to have absorbed all the other scents. 

Hell, they've all been in the same box for two weeks. Just need to let them air out and try them. 
    edited December 2019 #113
    Bay Rum

High Expectations. 
    Low Yield. 

Produces a very thick lather that is pleasant and useful. 

The nice aroma of the bar itself doesn’t transfer to the body as well as both Cedar Citrus or Pine Tar. 

While better than Nautical Sage in that it doesn’t leave you feeling oily, it also doesn’t have the tingly feeling of either Cedar Citrus or Pine Tar while using it. 

The end result is a squeaky clean feeling but not the crisp clean feeling of the other two. 

Opinion:  While I still consider it better than any store bought standard soap, and better than Nautical Sage for my preference.........I will not be buying more of this one. 

Cedar Sage & Pine Tar still rule!

Edit to add:  Sitting here after the fact, the after effect is still quite amazing in the cool/clean feeling as compared to store bought. I’ve been gone from home a couple weeks. Living off hotel soap. 

This is the best shower I’ve had in two weeks!!  Still a win. 
    Excellent report 👌
    Now I know what to get. If all goes well, I'll be ditching the store bought stuff for good.

edited December 2019 #115
    Cedar Citrus and Pine Tar it is!

Waiting for the Cold Brew Cleanse report since its an exfolient.
    Good Ole Zee, always putting his Hide on the line for someone else's benefit. 😉

Cold Brew Cleanse

Another good one!

A subtle but pleasant aroma, it doesn’t have the aromatic punch if Cedar Citrus or Pine Tar. More sweet and soothing in  presentation. 
    Definitely an exfoliating bar. The sucker has coarse pieces of ground coffee bean imbedded in the bar that scrub the surface. Then, while in use, the pieces detach from the bar and remain in your skin so you can work the soap in with your hand/wash rag/sponge. Easily rinse off with water and go down the drain. 
    In comparison to Pine Tar as for an exfoliate, I would rate it second. Pine Tar has sand, I believe, and so a more dense exfoliate. The coffee beans are more spaced out in this bar but still quite effective. 
    No oily residue or “moisturized” feeling, it leaves you squeaky clean as I like. 

A good bar of soap. In the Top Three. 
    Is there a soap that actually has a fresh brewed coffee scent to it? I think I'd really like that one!
    Lifer Juice 🤣

Spearmint Basil Scrub

A good cleanser, it probably left my skin feeling the most “Squeaky Clean” of them all. 

Non-Exfoliating, it’s just a good normal bar soap. 

My only problem is the spearmint aroma is TOO strong. I mean.......over powering. Not one that lingers on the skin overpoweringly. Just very strong in use. And I don’t like Spearmint THAT much. 

I won’t buy again for that reason. Good soap. Just too strong a sent. 
    Spk said:
    Is there a soap that actually has a fresh brewed coffee scent to it? I think I'd really like that one!
    Lifer Juice 🤣

The Cold Brew Cleanse does. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Try a fine mesh nylon loofa.  I know it doesn’t sound very manly but it really works cleaning you up and it saves your soap.  

Just do a quick pass on skin with soap of choice and scrub with the loofa.  Creates tons of lather and you soaps will last you forever.  And they are cheap.