Home Main Category Clubhouse

With a heavy heart, final uupdate on Sue brooks

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 743 Senior Member

Elvan called me this morning to say Sue passed from this life shortly after midnight. He is so torn up over her passing but at least we know she is not suffering any longer and she is at peace.

Thank you for all your support and prayers during this sad time, he really appreciates what y'all have done, so do I. 🙏😢

Replies

• wddodgewddodge Senior Member Northwest OhioPosts: 1,150 Senior Member
    Condolences and prayers to the family...
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    Truly sorry to hear this news!! She will be missed by all of us! Prayers to all!! :'(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Sad news. Prayers and condolences for him, his family, and friends who have been hoping and praying for the best outcome.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    edited September 2019 #5
    When the Lord calls you home, you must answer.
    Sue is at peace and her reward is everlasting life. She'll be missed dearly.
    My greater concern is for Elvan. He'll need the support of friends and family more than ever. He carries a void around with him where Sue use to be.
    I pray for strength 🙏 that Elvan copes well with the coming weeks and months ahead.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,566 Senior Member
    Please pass our Condolences to Alvan.  Sue will be greatly missed by those that knew her. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Sincerest condolences.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    RIP Sue
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    So sorry for Elvan's loss.   May God grant him the strength of Faith to see this transition in the light of our beliefs of eternal life in the presence of our Father, free if fear and pain.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,225 Senior Member
    Unfortunately, we all knew this was where this was going, Sue knew it too. Blessings on her as she starts her spiritual journey, and esp. Blessings for Elvan who will need our ongoing prayers and support.
    Thank you Mary for keeping us updated.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    So sorry to hear that, our condolences to the family.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Sue was an awesome lady. I am really going to miss her. Please give Elvan my condolences.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,403 Senior Member
    May you Rest In Peace Sue. My prayers to Elvan and Family.
    Will never forget the kindness you showed me when I met up with you both at the 'Holler'.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I got a text from Elvan this morning.  I feel so terrible for him.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear this sad news. May Elvan draw strength for this from all his friends in his time of need. 
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member