Home Main Category Clubhouse

Yet another prayers needed thread

zorbazorba Senior MemberMerrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
This one is for my wife. Isn't as catastrophic or life threatening as some - she managed to screw up her hip in a "power Pilates" class - which probably would have been OK, except our cat decided today of all days would be a great time to weave around her feet. The result is her back/hip is now WAAAY "out", and it hurts her so bad that she's screamed several times. Needless to say, I feel completely helpless/useless - we're going to get her into her Chiro tomorrow AM, but I've never seen her like this. Prayers to your favorite deity, candles, incense, rituals, and chipmunk juggling all welcome if you have a mind to...
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
)O(

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    I'll do all of those things you mentioned. In the meantime, Advil PM or Tylenol PM. Ibuprofen or aceteminaphen for the pain and diphenhydramine as a mild muscle relaxant.

Keep us posted. See the doctor ASAP.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Done deal, friend.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Done buddy.  Hope it’s a short duration event.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Hopefully she's back in form ASAP.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Ouch!  Prayers out for a quick recovery
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    done
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    I hope for her quick recovery.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Thanx guys, I knew I could count on all y'alls! Spk, videos of the chipmunk juggling please...
    She's somewhat better this AM, at least she isn't screaming, we're on our way to the bone cruncher in 20 minutes. She keeps muttering something about "that cat", and "my revolver"...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Hey, what I do with Chipmunks in my own home is my own business. 😁

I'm still praying everything turns out fine.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Turns out its a bursitis flareup, aggravated by the Pilates - a certain movement evidentially. She's going to take a couple of weeks off, and discuss the situation with the doc next week.
    Apparently, she was holding herself to minimize the bursitis pain, but that induced the muscle pain - muscles were spasming. I've never seen her like this...

)O(
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Just Prayed o:)
    Bursitis is a ****. Getting ice on it to cool it off and wearing a brace or wrapping an ACE bandage tight around he hips at the level of the greater trochanters is helpful
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    She's doing much better this PM - let's hope it continues in that direction...

)O(
    Did the Doc give anything or did he just recommend rest? If it was just rest then hopefully it wasn't too bad.
    Tell her us forum rats are wishing her a speedy recovery. 🙏

He told her to alternate hot/cold packs, take Motrin, and rest. So far, its working - but then again, my plan to live forever is also working well, so far...

)O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Prayers out from the ridges. o:)  I hope she gets some real pain relief soon, too. Hip joint injuries are the pits!
    And if she isn't doing it, stretching and warmup before doing the strenuous exercises is MANDATORY once you reach double digit age. And Advil or Aleve can be your best buddies for that kind of pain, regarding OTC remedies, in my experience.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Ibuprofen for the inflammation. Not prescription strength so hopefully it's not too bad. Keep those hot/cold packs coming.
    Let us know how she gets along. 👍

tennmike said:
    ..stretching and warmup before doing the strenuous exercises is MANDATORY once you reach double digit age...
    Tell me about it. I used to be able to walk into a class, throw a coin scarf around my hips, and jump right in. Now I gotta do all this warm up and stretching crap - and cool downs too. What happened?
    I have a workshop on Sunday, a typical 2 hour workshop on dancing to drum solos. There are actually 2 workshops that day, I had to choose between them although I really would have liked to have gone to the "other" workshop "Raks Assaya", dancing with a cane which I do from time-to-time. But 2 workshops in one day would kill me.

)O(