Home Main Category Clubhouse

Just a bit early...

2»

Replies

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,816 Senior Member
    It's finally raining here. 1st time in over a month. High today is supposed to be in the mid-seventies.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    We’re finally starting to get some breaks from the summer heat.  Should be in the 70s every day for the next week according to the forecast.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    It rained a tiny bit last night, and temps have dropped just enough to no longer have to fight the thermometer to keep it outside.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,824 Senior Member
    We're supposed to have our first snow this Thursday. Wednesday high is 77, Thursday high 33 (with a low of 13), then Friday, back in the 60s.
    That's psycho Colorado weather for you.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    We're supposed to have our first snow this Thursday. Wednesday high is 77, Thursday high 33 (with a low of 13), then Friday, back in the 60s.
    That's psycho Colorado weather for you.

Mike
    Damn, even the weather is "high" in Colorado.   :D
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    We finally have a day without rain and 71 deg.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    What I woke up to. I think this winter will be a long one. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    We'll get ours tomorrow.
    I got groceries this morning. Don't take but a few flakes to clog this festering hole of a city.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,838 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

Don't you have a plow? Could be a profitable winter.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Sitting in the garage, door open and a beautiful 77F with only a few puffy clouds in the sky. A great Colorado early fall day.

7AM tomorrow, they are predicting 18F and snowfall starting around 9AM.

Friday.....back in the 60's.

The only thing I know for sure via that forecast is the wind's going to be howling here around midnight.

Mike

N454casull
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    CaliFFL said:

Don't you have a plow? Could be a profitable winter.....
    Yeah, but I have a job. Not waking up @ 0-dark-30 and then going to work. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Wind here fired up hard a couple hours ago. Blotted out the sun in dust and clouds. Temp dropped 20° or so. Pretty sudden change.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,761 Senior Member
    Wind here fired up hard a couple hours ago. Blotted out the sun in dust and clouds. Temp dropped 20° or so. Pretty sudden change.
    I'm in Broomfield right now and was driving north on Lowell from 120th and watched the dust cloud role in from the north. Kind of freaky!!
    Hasn't hit here yet, but we know it's coming. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
    N454casull
    sakodude said:
    I'm in Broomfield right now and was driving north on Lowell from 120th and watched the dust cloud role in from the north. Kind of freaky!!
    Yep.
    Must be a bumpy ride for all them passenger jets in and out of DIA.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,315 Senior Member
    97 outside now at the kiddo’s football game. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 71. 

Fall is here. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Well, the wind was the biggest player here. 1"-2" of snow here, depending on which direction you face.

Cold....that's for sure, but for a loudly proclaimed record early fall snowstorm.... on a scale of 1-10.........it's a 1.5. It just gave me early warning I need to replace my wiper blades.

Mike
    N454casull
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    This is what it looked like a couple days ago.
    This is what it looks like right now.

The tarp on my roof mounted cooler survived 60mph winds. I facilitated drainage off the bad corner of the house with gravel snd pavers. And the weed machines are winterized.

Fingers crossed, waiting on April.⏰
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,673 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #52
    rberglof said:
    This is what it looked like a couple days ago.
    This is what it looks like right now.

Same here, you got a bit more than we did. Sounds like a few folks from my area got stranded heading home from Montana hunting trips when they closed 94
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Colorado Springs is kind of well placed. We occasionally get a heavy snow, but in 15 years here I've seen only 2 exceed 12". (The big one was 22" on the very day I was moving, of course).

Pike's Peak shields us from the west and the Palmer Divide sort of shields us from the north. Denver gets hammered by everything, pretty often. A lot of storms, including rain, simply hop over us. 15 miles in any direction gets pounded with alarming frequency by any sort of severe weather,  Hail is a problem, here though. You'll see more beaten up Mercedes in this town than anyplace else in the country, I'm betting. Most folks just take the insurance money and say "screw it....it'll happen again next year".

All in all though, the founders of this town did a good job of locating this place in spite of the psycho Colorado weather.

Mike

N454casull