Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Anti Red flag article

Replies

  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I agree with what he wrote. I'd venture a guess that everyone registered to participate on a firearms enthusiast discussion forum also agrees.

    Unfortunately, basic rights guaranteed by the Constitution, including due process of law have been trampled, circumvented, disregarded, and selectively applied and denied since before the proliferation of the referenced kentucky long rifle.

    These laws are being adopted like wildfire across the country, including here in Colorado. The November issue of Guns & Ammo has a fairly good editorial by Keith Wood on the subject. It includes examples of exactly how these unjust arbitrary laws can and likely will effect the accused as well as everyone else depending on adjudication in the courts.

    In the meantime. As individuals we need to remain cautious about what we say and do that might invite unwanted attention. As concerned citizens, exposing the injustice of these laws as they're applied to the light of day through the instantaneous lense of the internet and social media is about the best we can do, in addition to the ballot box.

    The voices demanding due process of law must be every bit as loud as those demanding tyrannical government over reach in the name of safety.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member The Heart of DixiePosts: 1,259 Senior Member
    Personally I feel like Veterans are at a disadvantage due to their combat time. Most of us suffer from PTSD or anxiety disorder, or whatever. I don't know about other states except GA, but Alabama now imprints Veteran on our drivers license. One angry family member or friend and we're screwed.
    Randy

    Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    It seems like a real problem for veterans is seeking medical or psychiatric treatment through the VA. Intrusive questions prior to authorised treatment etc..

    It would be nice to have standardization and protection of privacy under the law.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    With the 4th and 5th Amendments of the Constitution effectively gutted by crooked judges and Congress, and cops that are willing to violate their oath, there isn't much one can do individually to stop the madness. Guilty until proven innocent is a foreign concept to U.S. law, but that  no longer seems to matter as long as the ends justify the means of the broken legal system.
    Speaking of foreign concepts, when people start getting shot down by the cops in these raids, be they daytime or late night No Knock, then trust in cops and the legal system will ALSO become a foreign concept. And that's a sad foreign concept.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    This is a very good article. I was a bit confused at first with the Pennsylvania/Kentucky long rifle as a military weapon. I have been very interested in military history since the age of 4. 63 years. It started with my 2 much older Brothers being Air Force and Navy Korean War Vets. The state of art military long arm of the day was the smooth bore musket with bayonet. The civilian rifle could extend the effective range by nearly 3 times but reduce the rate of fire by the same amount with no bayonet. Later in the article I saw the author was comparing contemporary civilian semi auto AR-15s and AK-47s to military selective fire ones.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    rbsivley said:
    Personally I feel like Veterans are at a disadvantage due to their combat time. Most of us suffer from PTSD or anxiety disorder, or whatever. I don't know about other states except GA, but Alabama now imprints Veteran on our drivers license. One angry family member or friend and we're screwed.
    A very sad subject. They have even tried to prohibit combat vets from possessing firearms!!! I am technically a combat vet according to VA. Former Yugoslavia. We were in the same VA category as WW1 vets until the last one of them died. I was stationed at Eagle Base in Bosnia in 2000. It was like a working vacation. We were a detachment of the 1042nd Medical Company Air Ambulance Oregon Army National Guard. 6 UH-60 helicopters and 38 personnel. Supporting a NATO Stabilization Force. We received combat pay but were not authorized a combat patch which I could not care less about since there was no combat. I have passed on veteran license plates. I have also removed my NRA sticker from the rear window of my car. I have nothing to worry about in my small town but a few months ago a pickup in Portland with a pro Trump sticker was spray painted with anti Trump graffiti and set on fire. I really don't need a cinder block smashing my window. This BS has gone far beyond crazy!!!    
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    ..then trust in cops and the legal system will ALSO become a foreign concept. And that's a sad foreign concept.
    I have ZERO trust in the legal system now, although I still mostly trust the police.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member The Heart of DixiePosts: 1,259 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    rbsivley said:
    Personally I feel like Veterans are at a disadvantage due to their combat time. Most of us suffer from PTSD or anxiety disorder, or whatever. I don't know about other states except GA, but Alabama now imprints Veteran on our drivers license. One angry family member or friend and we're screwed.
    A very sad subject. They have even tried to prohibit combat vets from possessing firearms!!! I am technically a combat vet according to VA. Former Yugoslavia. We were in the same VA category as WW1 vets until the last one of them died. I was stationed at Eagle Base in Bosnia in 2000. It was like a working vacation. We were a detachment of the 1042nd Medical Company Air Ambulance Oregon Army National Guard. 6 UH-60 helicopters and 38 personnel. Supporting a NATO Stabilization Force. We received combat pay but were not authorized a combat patch which I could not care less about since there was no combat. I have passed on veteran license plates. I have also removed my NRA sticker from the rear window of my car. I have nothing to worry about in my small town but a few months ago a pickup in Portland with a pro Trump sticker was spray painted with anti Trump graffiti and set on fire. I really don't need a cinder block smashing my window. This BS has gone far beyond crazy!!!    
    Thank you for your service.
    Randy

    Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement