Home Main Category Personal Defense

Guns and church

13»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,048 Senior Member
    edited November 2021 #62
    Being obsessively fixated on training saved my life yesterday and the life of two others. 
    Not that I needed ANOTHER instance to prove the point. 
    I may die in a car wreck. I WON’T die in a gunfight. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Being obsessively fixated on training saved my life yesterday and the life of two others. 
    Not that I needed ANOTHER instance to prove the point. 
    I may die in a car wreck. I WON’T die in a gunfight. 
    Yep… this 👆🏻

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Being timid, indecisive, and unprepared for a self defense situation is a personal choice and way of life. 
    Much as the opposite approach. 
    edited November 2021 #65
    Zee said:
    Being timid, indecisive, and unprepared for a self defense situation is a personal choice and way of life. 
    And the only thing that wipes all of the above AND helps you control your fears is TRAINING!!!

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    "3 Ways to Avoid Getting Hit by Lightning - wikiHow" https://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Getting-Hit-by-Lightning?amp=1

Don't forget lightning strikes.
    edited November 2021 #67
    "3 Ways to Avoid Getting Hit by Lightning - wikiHow" https://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Getting-Hit-by-Lightning?amp=1

Don't forget lightning strikes.
    I’m confused on your intent. Expound?
    edited November 2021 #69
    Honestly still missing the intent. Sorry. Seriously. I’m behind your power curve on this one.
    I’m pretty sure you are trying to use satire and sarcasm to prove a point. But seriously, my diminutive stature is causing the point to go quite a bit over my head. 
    Can you dumb it down and be a little more directive for me?
    Zee said:
    And the only thing that wipes all of the above AND helps you control your fears is TRAINING!!!
    Maybe it’s late. Because even THIS didn’t make sense to me. 
    Rum in the tub again? 😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Nothing wrong with training. It also was instrumental in the final conclusion of the refered to incident.
    My bad.
    Maybe some of us were so obsessively fixated, this part of my post got missed. Most humble apologies.

Nothing wrong with training. It also was instrumental in the final conclusion of the refered to incident.
    My bad.
    Maybe some of us were so obsessively fixated, this part of my post got missed. Most humble apologies.
    I think I get your point that the likelihood of an armed church attack is small.  But the chances of becoming a victim of a violent attack are not anymore.  They are so common that many, if not most, go unreported according to the FBI.

My only point is this.  Having a handgun and not being trained (and continue training) on how to use it is the equivalent of feeling cozy because your car has a spare tire, and not having a clue how to mount it if you have a flat.  And shooting a handgun effectively is a perishable skill.

Plus a church is a complex scenario for armed self defense.  Most folks would be overwhelmed in a one on one gun fight.  Add a couple of hundred people in close proximity to that equation…

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

We're in complete agreement.
    :-)
    Rum in the tub again? 😁
    Actually no. 😎

My bad.
    I think I get your point that the likelihood of an armed church attack is small.  But the chances of becoming a victim of a violent attack are not anymore.  They are so common that many, if not most, go unreported according to the FBI.

My only point is this.  Having a handgun and not being trained (and continue training) on how to use it is the equivalent of feeling cozy because your car has a spare tire, and not having a clue how to mount it if you have a flat.  And shooting a handgun effectively is a perishable skill.

Plus a church is a complex scenario for armed self defense.  Most folks would be overwhelmed in a one on one gun fight.  Add a couple of hundred people in close proximity to that equation…
    Much better!👍🏻👍🏻
    👍🏻👍🏻

Ok!  Group shower!!!
    I mean, group hug!
    Zee said:
    👍🏻👍🏻

Ok!  Group shower!!!
    I mean, group hug!
    I thought you were a tub kinda guy! 😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Zee said:

My bad.

Much better!👍🏻👍🏻
    I can’t be counted on to be coherent late at night…. or too early in the morning for that matter…

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Zee said:

My bad.

Much better!👍🏻👍🏻
    I can’t be counted on to be coherent late at night…. or too early in the morning for that matter…
    I never can. That’s why I use short sentences and lots of emoji’s!
    😁
    Zee said:
    Zee said:

My bad.

Much better!👍🏻👍🏻
    I never can. That’s why I use short sentences and lots of emoji’s!
    😁
    👆🏻👍😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,586 Senior Member
    I think we need to change the title of this post to "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"

I do!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member The Heart of DixiePosts: 1,259 Senior Member
    Ha! I posted it and then missed the whole show.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
  • I_AM_NOT_ATFI_AM_NOT_ATF Posts: 19 New Member
    I have. My church has 2 police on duty and several security members that carry.