Home Main Category Clubhouse

Identify this mysterious movie weapon

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 4,772 Senior Member
It's from Fear The Walking Dead

Actress Alycia Debnam-Carey plays Alicia Clark on the show. Can anyone identify the weapon she's holding? It's been her signature zombie killer weapon for 2 or 3 seasons.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Northland, New ZealandPosts: 954 Senior Member
    m2 barrel shroud?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Seen some exhaust pipe shrouds that look like that. Wouldn't be a big deal to cut and grind one to that tip profile and add a handle.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Barrel shroud from an M1919 Browning light machine gun...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    I saw the episode...she ran out of ammo...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    I saw the episode...she ran out of ammo...
    Yep, you got it 👌

Also known as a barrel jacket or heat shield. It's not too hard to figure out. Yet, somehow for the last two or three seasons, the actors on the show keep calling it a Flash Suppressor! Imagine that thing on the end of your barrel 😂
    There's actually two shows that call is a flash suppressor despite the fact that all over the internet fans call it a barrel shroud. How can the shows be so insulated?
    Maybe, someone with a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account can give these guys a clue.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Southwest PAPosts: 2,907 Senior Member
    edited September 2019 #7
    Mmmmmm....Alicia/Alycia  <3
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    What do you want to bet it is actually PVC pipe drilled and painted to look like a barrel shroud?  You know, because a real barrel shroud is evil and would randomly kill people.  Can't be trusted on set.....
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    No bet here. You can make your own out of PVC.

Notice how it seems everywhere fans call it what it is -- A barrel shroud (barrel jacket).
    I watched the season 5 finally and then Talking Dead with comedian Chris Hardwick just this past Sunday and the actress Alycia Debnam-Carey and folks on Talking Dead still call the dang thing a Flash Suppressor 🤣 I think maybe two seasons of using that prop someone would've said -- oops.
    I would even give them an easy out -- call it Alicia's Zombie Suppressor!
    That's what got me posting about it in the first place.
    I can't wait to see what they come up with next...

An E-tool they call a garden hoe 👍