Home Main Category Hunting

One tag filled

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberKaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Spot and stalk success. Shot taken at about 30 feet. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    Cool!
    Tell me more about the shotgun
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    Well done. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Congrats!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Cool!
    Tell me more about the shotgun
    It’s a Baikal 20ga SXS coach.  I wasn’t turkey hunting but I wondered how close I could get. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Great Job
    I have only been Turkey hunting a few time and never had old Oceola Tom get anywhere near that close.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Amazing! He stalked within 30 feet of you. :D

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Dang, snuck up on a turkey, nicely done. I assume you had grouse loads in the 20 ga. ? Did you give the turkey both barrels?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Hell yeah!  Going old school.  Stalking Fall turkeys is a true art.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

That's nothing.  I was within a few feet of the same wild turkey several times today.   I find it helps a lot if they're already dead in the middle of the road, though. :)

I've had turkeys strut by within a few feet of me when I was hunting deer and elk.  It's like they know they're safe.

Regardless, well done.  Now I'm waiting on the range report on the culinary aspects of your kill.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,461 Senior Member
    Nice hunt there !
    You don't even see the tire tracks on the bird !   :p
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Just finished skinning my nephew’s doe. 👍

The turkey story...the flock was in a grassy meadow. The grass was taller than the birds, so easy sneak. 

Chiro - yes, I was carrying grouse loads but I didn’t need both barrels. 

Adam J. McCleod

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Silver Spring, MD 20906Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Rockin' good job, brother!  Enjoy Thanksgiving this year!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member South DakotaPosts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Good hustle!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain