Home Main Category General Firearms

Glock 20 best ever group shot before rapid fire !!

here's my best group I've ever shot with my 10mm before ...ever !!  But the top right hand side target is what it spit out !!   With the exception of that 1 shot at 11 o'clock all are great in my opinion !!  These were rapid fired at 10 yards!!  The orange spots are 2 inches in diameter !!   I also gave my daughter her 1st lesson in guns too that day !!  Boy was I surprised....I let her break-in a new Beretta 92fs Custom carry 2 9mm.....new unfired.....I  showed her how to operate it,  and was looking for limbs to fly !! LOL...Boy was I surprised !!   The target on the bottom left was 7 shots all on the paper from her......I couldn't believe it....first time ever to hold a gun in her hand before !!   So....is the group I shot good,  great ???    what do y'all think ??

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,129 Senior Member
    Its a lot better than I can do glockmeister.

I'd get a smaller gun for the girl to try, if not a smaller cartridge. Those 92's are bit cumbersome.

Nice shooting!
  • glockmeister43glockmeister43 Posts: 15 New Member
    She made it rock for the 1st time she ever had a gun in her hand before !! LOL.....that's the smallest caliber I own !!  I was shooting the same hole with it for 30 feet !!  Its a sweetheart!!
    and it has taken me thousands of rounds through  that 10mm to do that too...I mean its been shot thousands times!!  never once made anykind of malfunction either I love it !!  And I reload all my ammo.
    They do have a reputation for reliability. Its great that you've had such a fantastic run with it.
    HEY SIR SINCE THE SUBJECT CAME UP,  IT MADE ME THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE.  DID GLOCK HAVE SOME PROBS WITH THE GEN 4 PISTOLS HANGING UP ??   I KNOW I BOUGHT 1 OF THEM LIL EITHER MODEL 42 OR 43 MODEL 380 ONES AND IT HELD 6 RDS....THE VERY FIRST 6 ROUNDS I LOADED AND SHOT,  IT HUNG ON ME #1,  #3 AND #4,  AND #6  !!!   THE THINH HUNG 4 TIMES OUT OF THE FIRST 6 RDS.!!   TO SAY I GOT RID OF IT QUICKLY WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT !!  Anyway that's just what someone told me and I was wondering if that was true or not??   I like the grn 3's myself.....I own several and none of them have ever hung or made any malfunction of anykind ever !!  and I owned a gen 1 or 2....can't remember but it was a g23 and it was a great reliable gun as well.....bought it in 1994-1995 so whatever gen it would have been …..it didn't have a laser pic rail I do remember that ….it may have been a gen 1 not sure......but my point,  the only glock I've ever had troubles with was the i'm thinking it was a 42 model,  the 380.....and I own several ruger older p series 9mm's too and they're reliable as it gets(my opinion) but i'd never trade/sell either of them.....but my point to this is,  I know a guy that has 1 of the new lcp 380 rugers and it hangs up !!   my point is,  could it be the 380 caliber causing them to hang ??   I've never heard anything about the ruger's but i'd trust my life totally on the p-89dc and the p95 I have !!   and the p90 is soooo awesome too.....all the "p" series ruger's I got i'd trust my life on em all !!  but if you know anything about the gen 4 glocks let me know would you I was thinking of maybe looking into 1 of the new g40 long 10mm's in fde !!  boy oh boy there would be a powerhouse with that 6 inch barrel !!  thx for your time sir.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Nicely done.  Why is your finger on the trigger?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    WOW!!  really not sure but the gun is empty there I had just shot it empty and released the slide.  and thnxx for the comment!!
    What I don't know about glocks would fill a library. 

My daughter had a smal glock 380.. Whatever the model number was before they introduced a new one in 9mm the same size. Maybe the 43??? Anyway, it would hang up trying to feed. I shot it and it functioned fine. She was limp wristing it. I told her to treat it like the stroller she just fixed with a swift kick. Ran like a top after that for her.
    Mine hung up i'd bet 30--35 out of the box of 50 rds I had !!   mine was a mess !!  yes im thinking it was a 42...then the 9mm was the 43.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,774 Senior Member
    Good shooting and welcome!

I have 7 or 8 Glocks including a G40 long slide in 10mm. 

Have taken a couple pigs with it.  
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    omg i'd love to have 3 different 10mm's......id love to have the g40 in fde….the sig sauer 220 elite....and the oldie but goodie s&w 1006 !!!   I don't want much do I ??   and thank you sir for the comment !!

I guess it's obvious what my favorite caliber is ??  LOL....i'm going to get a sig 220 elite in less than another year.  here's a pic of the same gun about 2 yrs ago rapid firing then...see the difference/? 3" circle here.and it says 20 yards it was 10 yards.
    And...have any of you guys ever seen 1 of these beretta 9mm's before???  
    edited October 2019 #15
    Gotta work on indexing that trigger finger when not actually shooting.  That’s two pics now. 

Could bite you in the foot one day. Or someone else’s foot. 

Or back. 

Practice is good. But, there is more to practice than just hitting the target. 

Fundamentals of firearm manipulation. 

Just a suggestion.  Not being a butt head. Trying to keep you safe for yourself and others. 
    Yes sir....you are exactly right !!  It's just a habit I guess,  but everybody knows the finger doesn't go inside the trigger guard til it's time to fire .   one of the reason's I signed up on here was to learn !!  Seriously,  I know there's a lot that I could learn…..never can know too much !!  You being a butt head never crossed my mind !! 
    edited October 2019 #17
    👍🏻

Stick around. We all share and learn. 

That’s the beauty of this place. 
    Yes sir....that's why i'm here.  Truly !!
    Its easy to developme good and bad habbits over time. I used to have the habbit of clearing my loaded pistol chamber into my palm. One day a gun smith on this site warned me of the potential danger of that. It took awhile, but I finally changed.

Likely the added movements of posing for pictures that caused the lapse.

Nice pistol. I like steel. Ive not seen those Custom Carry models much.
    It's the only 1 I've ever seen....bought it in 2003 at a gun shop for 650 dollars new.  Never seen another 1 nowhere....I know every now and then you will see the clips for them for sale on Ebay,  and they run like 100 dollars each new !!   I'd kinda like to have a couple more but WOW 100 bucks for an 8 rd clip !!  The walnut grips were like 125 dollars on Ebay yrs ago !!  I do a lot of things through Ebay,  and buy and sell on there too....so I buy a lot from Ebay.   They have about anything that's legal to sell I guess,  and a lot cheaper than stores!!
    Now that you mention it. Im fairly certain Ive not seen another one either. Maybe I was thinking of Kimber custom carry.

We have another guy here that finds things on Ebay. Seems to be a treasure chest for the scrutinizing treasure hunter.
    Here is my 10mm load data with 180gr Hornady XTP. 

Penetrated 4 jugs at 7 yards and broke the back of the 4th. 

Awwwwwwww sweet !!     And look at that mushroom too.  Since you reminded me,  how much power(ft lbs.) and speed does the extra barrel length add to the 10mm ??  I mean just a round # because I know that it would all depend on a lot of different things...too many to mention.   but just a round figure?   Would it add say 100-150 ft per second??   Maybe what,  50-100 extra ft lbs energy ??  And,  I hate to keep being a burden with all my questions,  but say the regular glock 20 with the stock barrel....is that enough to kill a whitetail deer efficiently ???   I know I've seen them kill them on the sportsmans channel etc but is it enough power to really get it done??  and,  what about the 6.02 inch barrel you can get for it too??  I once watched a youtube video and a guy was shooting the g20 with the regular barrel and he was shooting at them steel plates hanging at about 100-150 yards or so,  it's been a long time,  but it was a good way away....The reg stock barrel he couldn't hit the plates,  then he changed to the 6" hunter barrel and ping ping everytime !!   so,  the extra length to me looked to add quite a bit of extra to it.....But I also know I don't believe everything I see either....especially on youtube  !!  But I'm not saying I didn't believe it either …..that's why i'm asking??  and,  they have always told me that a stock g20 has about the same power/energy as a .41 magnum ….is this true ??   For some reason it just don't seem to me like it's that beefed up ,  but that's why i'm asking???  Sorry for so many questions !!!   But I like the 10mm better than any other pistol cartridge,  in my opinion it's perfect !!  I mean now it's perfect for a man that can handle it that is,  not my 15 yr old girl,  or a woman,  you see what i'm saying.  But when I bought my g20 they asked me if I had ever shot one and looked at me like the recoil was like a dragon or something !!!  LOL....The recoil is nothing to me !!!!  I mean if it was 2 times as bad it still would be manageable to me....They had it made out to be the "death" of me and I just couldn't see that !!   Well,  when I shot it I cracked up literally !!!  and then they tell you it's not a very popular round,  and for everybody I can see this,  but for a guy,  in my opinion it's the most perfect handgun cartridge that exists !!  That's my opinion,  for what it's worth.  I mean you see what I can do with it,  and everything I show is real....I don't make up things to show !!  LOL.....as a matter of fact I've shown everybody I know the pic I showed on here.....i'm plum proud of that !!!   I mean that's something to me !!  I'm 5'8" and I weigh 150 lbs and I am a small body frame too....so i'm not the hulk or andre the giant either !!  Again,   sorry for the questions,  but I could talk all day about my 10mm,  I love that gun.....it's nickname is "thumper"!!  LOL

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,315 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard!

You seem to have a manner of covering a lot of ground between paragraphs, punctuation, and thoughts. We appreciate your enthusiasm, though.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited October 2019 #25

Since you reminded me,  how much power(ft lbs.) and speed does the extra barrel length add to the 10mm ??  

say the regular glock 20 with the stock barrel....is that enough to kill a whitetail deer efficiently ???

Yes. 

I once watched a youtube video and a guy was shooting the g20 with the regular barrel and he was shooting at them steel plates hanging at about 100-150 yards or so,.....The reg stock barrel he couldn't hit the plates,  then he changed to the 6" hunter barrel and ping ping everytime !!  

Who knows. Maybe he sucked. Maybe the factory barrel didn’t like the load he used. Maybe he was trying to pitch the aftermarket barrel and threw his original shots. The sky is the limit. 

and,  they have always told me that a stock g20 has about the same power/energy as a .41 magnum ….is this true ?? 

10mm Load Data

.41 Mag Load Data

I mean now it's perfect for a man that can handle it that is,  not my 15 yr old girl,  or a woman,  you see what i'm saying.  But when I bought my g20 they asked me if I had ever shot one and looked at me like the recoil was like a dragon or something !!!  LOL....The recoil is nothing to me !!!!  I mean if it was 2 times as bad it still would be manageable to me....They had it made out to be the "death" of me and I just couldn't see that !!   Well,  when I shot it I cracked up literally !!!  and then they tell you it's not a very popular round,  and for everybody I can see this,  but for a guy,  in my opinion it's the most perfect handgun cartridge that exists !!  

😒
    Easy.....Turbo. 

That's my opinion,  for what it's worth.  I mean you see what I can do with it,  and everything I show is real....I don't make up things to show !!  LOL.....as a matter of fact I've shown everybody I know the pic I showed on here.....i'm plum proud of that !!!   I mean that's something to me !!

Good shooting, no doubt.  And well done (except the finger). All things in moderation, though. Ease on the gas peddle. Scares less folk. Excitement is good. Enthusiasm is good. 
    Humility ain’t bad either. 😎
    I had to chew on this one for a bit. Knee jerk reaction and all. New leaf. 😁

Again, welcome and stick around. We be Gun Folk too. 
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Try a 1911 style 10mm.  RIA and Ruger make good ones.  Colt but its expensive.  I think maybe SA came out with one too.  I have a RIA and enjoy it but really hot rounds hurt the hand after a while.  Flat shooting round
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    edited October 2019 #27
    Seems most major 1911 makers have 1 or more models in 10mm. 

Ruger
    SA
    Kimber
    RIA
    Iver Johnson

If I didn’t already have the Glock, I’d be tempted by one.  I just don’t use the cartridge enough to justify another. 
    Maybe the Mods could move this thread out of the classifieds section and into general firearms. 

Might get more traffic. 
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,315 Senior Member
    Done.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,313 Senior Member
    Welcome to the Forum
    Pretty darn good shooting.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited October 2019 #31
    Where did he go?

I wasn’t trying to chase him off!  I enjoyed his enthusiasm.