Home Main Category Hunting

I need help finding a place to deer hunt.

Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior MemberSilver Spring, MD 20906Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
One of the downsides of being a senior citizen is that all your hunting buddies keep either dying, or fetching up lame, or giving their hunting lands to their snotnosed grandkids, or moving to FL to retire, or...………………...well, you get the idea.  Before I finally swallow my pride and spend imprudent sums of money for a guided deer hunt, I want to ask all of you:  Do any of you know anyplace in SE PA, or MD, or VA where I might be permitted to rifle hunt for whitetails?  I'll gladly pay any reasonable fee and will obey all laws and any restrictions that the landowner may wish to impose.  All input will be deeply appreciated!
Member formerly known as "vlafrank."

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Have you checked the web sites for the fish and game agencies in those states???

You may be able to hunt public land with a minimum of travel, lodging, and permit expense.

Depending on your circumstances and inclinations. You could give details of your itinerary to family or freinds if going alone.

I've seen deer and elk visit hunting camps after the hunters left. It gave me ideas about how I might hunt after I retire. Close to the road etc..

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Silver Spring, MD 20906Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    These are good ideas!  Many thanx, guys.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    You might consider joining the local chapter of Ducks Unlimited, or some local hunting club.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.