Home Main Category Clubhouse

You know you're getting old...

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPodunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
when it takes 2 hours to take a 15 minute nap.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    As many times as I wake up during the night it would take me around 16 hours to get 6 hours sleep. I'll take your 2 hours nap any day of the week! :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,766 Senior Member
    I wake up only once at night, last night/this morning it was 0630. Two or three night ago, I didn't sleep at all, for some reason.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,824 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #4
    Sleep is for the young. 4 am is a great time to seize the day.

Except on weekends.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JayJay Senior Member New Mexico/TexasPosts: 4,553 Senior Member
    I wake up earlier on weekends than I do during the week.  Usually around 6 during the week and 4-5 on weekends.  I like to enjoy my weekend.  Not waste half of it sleeping.  I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead... :D
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,225 Senior Member
    Sometimes I don't even get to bed before about 4 or 5, and virtually never before 2.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JayJay Senior Member New Mexico/TexasPosts: 4,553 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #7
    zorba said:
    Sometimes I don't even get to bed before about 4 or 5, and virtually never before 2.

That's the bad thing for me.  If I go to bed at 2, my eyes pop open at 6 and I'm up.  Not to say I won't go do some stuff all morning and have a little nap around lunch time in that case.  But a few hours of sleep, and I'm up and going in the morning.  Just need an extra cup of coffee.  But my normal bed time is 10-11 PM and I don't stay up past midnight very often.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #9

No good deed goes unpunished...
    Jay said:
    zorba said:

That's the bad thing for me.  If I go to bed at 2, my eyes pop open at 6 and I'm up.  Not to say I won't go do some stuff all morning and have a little nap around lunch time in that case.  But a few hours of sleep, and I'm up and going in the morning.  Just need an extra cup of coffee.  But my normal bed time is 10-11 PM and I don't stay up past midnight very often.
    Nope, usually sleep til 11, or noon, or once in a while even later. And then I still take a nap in the afternoon most days.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,461 Senior Member
    In bed by 11 & up at 4 or 5 seven days a week . I don't get a lot done but am ready to do it !
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I try not to over think it. Go without today, catch up tomorrow. I hope.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,838 Senior Member
    ......... it takes forever to heal. Been over a week and it just gets more purple
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,566 Senior Member
    Bet that hurt, what did you do
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,838 Senior Member
    Someone piled a bunch of junk on a cart at work. A 50# steel base plate slipped off and got me.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    OW! Big ol' bruise.

)O(
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 386 Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Someone piled a bunch of junk on a cart at work. A 50# steel base plate slipped off and got me.
    Hope you're current on all important vaccinations. Ouch!
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member ArizonaPosts: 362 Member
    [quote]

You know you're getting old...

[/quote]

Yes.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    You know your getting old when, what was the question again???

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT