Home Main Category Clubhouse

CANCER UPDATE

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberSwampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
As some of you know my wife was diagnosed with throat cancer, she started radiation treatment last Monday, only about 30 more to go.She is doing fine considering that they cover her face with a mask and strap her down so she cant move, her throat is sore and she has a hard time swallowing but is making the best of it. 

2 weeks ago our Husky, Bodie, had a cancer removed from his back, today they removed the stitches, he is 15 and doing fine.

On the plus side one of our German Shepherds is gonna have pups in a few weeks.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I hope the treatment won't be too hard and she recovers without delay.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,225 Senior Member
    Ugh - blessings for you both.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • ojrojr Senior Member New ZealandPosts: 1,341 Senior Member
    Hope all goes really well Jay.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Best of thoughts y'all's way.  The Big C is a big asshole.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Northland, New ZealandPosts: 954 Senior Member
    Best wishes to both of you Jay, Kia Kaha.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,566 Senior Member
    Please pass on our well wishes and positive thoughts.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Hope they get all the throat cancer cells killed deader than a brass door knob! That radiation therapy can make it rough in the throat area regarding swallowing. Prayer for a best of all outcomes!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,772 Senior Member
    I would love nothing more than to see the end of cancer in my lifetime. My prayers and best wishes are with you and your wife at this time. May she overcome and beat this illness once and for all.
    🙏
    I'm glad to hear your husky is doing fine. Best wishes and congrats to Bodie.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Jay, I wish the best for your wife. Radiation worked for my prostate cancer, so it probably will work for her too.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,766 Senior Member
    God bless you and her.  I am hoping for very positive results from the treatment.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 386 Member
    You're sure are going through a rough patch. Best wishes for a positive outcome.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,695 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update!! Still praying for your wife and family!!
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Keeping the prayers going!  Let her know that to deal with the "sunburn" Kim used a mix of pure Aloe Vera jelly and Aquaphor.   Jelly first and when that is absorbed Aquaphor over it.   Use both liberally and not only does it help with the discomfort but also her skin will look a lot better after the treatments are over.  This tip came from her doctors at Duke and it really works.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Keeping the prayers going!  Let her know that to deal with the "sunburn" Kim used a mix of pure Aloe Vera jelly and Aquaphor.   Jelly first and when that is absorbed Aquaphor over it.   Use both liberally and not only does it help with the discomfort but also her skin will look a lot better after the treatments are over.  This tip came from her doctors at Duke and it really works.
    They told us about the Aloe before starting treatment.

Thanks to all for the prayers, My wife is a tough cookie, she aint letting this get her down, today before treatment she said to bring the pup along for a run afterwards, so we hiked about a mile on some back roads thru the swamp, said it beats the hell out of sitting home.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    jaywapti said:
    GunNut said:
    They told us about the Aloe before starting treatment.

Thanks to all for the prayers, My wife is a tough cookie, she aint letting this get her down, today before treatment she said to bring the pup along for a run afterwards, so we hiked about a mile on some back roads thru the swamp, said it beats the hell out of sitting home.

JAY
    The two step process is the key.  The aloe moisturizes and heals the skin.  The Aquaphor protects the skin and prevents the aloe and the natural moisture from escaping from the surface cells.  This is directly from the head of the department at Duke.
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 743 Senior Member
    Prayers are on their way, great news about the aloe and Aquaphor! 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,315 Senior Member
    JasonMPD said:
    Best of thoughts y'all's way.  The Big C is a big asshole.
    That makes it through the autocensor, but ballp-e-e-n hammer and c-o-o-nskin cap don’t?

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov