Home Main Category General Firearms

Rise Armament

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberBetween Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
They are a local shop that makes AR parts.
They make a Drop In Trigger that felt good at the gun show.  Was wondering if anyone has tried one. Brownells sells them or you can get directly from them.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,069 Senior Member
    Heard of but have never used one. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    A friend had one and had issues with it, reset I think.  Anyhow their customer service told him to bad.  He tossed it.  Others like them, especially in blowback pccs, which are hard on triggers.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    A friend had one and had issues with it, reset I think.  Anyhow their customer service told him to bad.  He tossed it.  Others like them, especially in blowback pccs, which are hard on triggers.
    I saw a few comments online saying problems with reset also
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,911 Senior Member
    I think that is the one I put in and I would make you a good deal on it. It only has a small problem, yep it won't reset.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,561 Senior Member
    I think that is the one I put in and I would make you a good deal on it. It only has a small problem, yep it won't reset.
    Well, it appears I wont be giving one a try, too many people and now one i know saying the same thing.
    Thanks
  • john.41john.41 Member S.E.MIPosts: 318 Member
    I must have gotten lucky. I put their 140 SST in my hunting AR this spring, and it is just what I was looking for.
    john.41 said:
    I must have gotten lucky. I put their 140 SST in my hunting AR this spring, and it is just what I was looking for.
    The different opinions are mixed like others I have seen.  I can get one locally. After ensuring it can be returned if i have issues i may give one a try.  After another priority is taken care of.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #9
    Triggers are kind of like scopes.  Personal choice and you get what you pay for.  Do you have to spend 200+ dollars to be happy?  No, but I bought a 100.00 CMC drop in competition trigger, supposed to be 2 lbs and competition worthy.  Its not even though some people love it.  I'll spend the money for my competition guns. And get what I know I'd like.  Even non competition guns are more fun to shoot with a good trigger and I find I shoot them more than guns with crappy triggers.  My favorite trigger is the brimstone worked bx trigger in my 10-22 race gun.  Excellent trigger, slightly under 2 lbs very short reset.  Next is my hiperfires.  Slightly more pull. 2.5 lbs and shortest reset in any AR I think.  I have 4 of them and they have stood up to years of competition shooting.  One has well over 60k trouble free rounds.  I also like TK and VQ my MK IIIs macarbo in my 795, apex in my smiths.  So IMO, spend the money on a quality trigger for trouble free use.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    edited October 2020 #10
    I think you will be happy with it.  Co worker picked one up at a gunshow last year and he has had none of the troubles you see online 
    I keep saying I am going to get one then forget or do something else