Home Main Category General Firearms

1943 Remington 03A4 missing scope value.

jcarter1207jcarter1207 Posts: 28 New Member
1943 Remington 03A4 minus the scope. The serial # matches to the time prior to the 03A4 stamping. It also has the place to attach a scope. Unfortunately, it was sold to my grandfather in the early 60s without it. I have the paperwork from the government listing it that way. 03A4 minus scope. It is in fabioulus condition. Can someone tell me what it is worth without the scope? 

Answers

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    So, admins... can we scrub all these estate sale ads?
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • jcarter1207jcarter1207 Posts: 28 New Member
    I'm not trying to sell it on here. Simply trying to gain more knowledge than I have while searching the internet. Please, know what u r talking before u open your mouth. Jesus there is always one sour **** in the mix. Rather than move alone u must throw in your negative B.S!

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    edited October 2019 #5
    God this new forum sucks.

Anyhow, Mr. 8 posts, I've been a part of this forum in its various evolution for more than 11 years.  I'm not saying your selling them here, but you're not-not looking for buyers.  There is a sales section for this stuff.

A gun's value and a buying price are not the same.  Post in the sales forums and take respectable offers.  If it feels right, sell.  If it feels low, counter.

You have thousands of dollars in guns, buy a $50 gun value blue book.

Or if you want to post them here in General Firearms, don't necessarily make a dozen separate posts.  We're not white glove inspectors; photos of every marking, cartouche, and engraving aren't needed unless a respective buyer asks for it.  One post with a picture of each gun and its make/model is all you need for this platform.
    I do not want to sell it on here. Simply find out more about it and what it is worth in the condition it is in. When I say I am looking to sell this can someone make me an offer. Then, chime in with your comment and suggestions. Until then if you do not have any additional knowledge or information that you can provide to the history, value, ect. Then, just move along. 
    I could care less how long you have been a member to this site. Go chime in where you are obviously more useful. 
    Did not even know they made a gun blue book, so thanks for that one piece of valuable info. 
    Did not even know they made a gun blue book, so thanks for that one piece of valuable info. 
    There are a few publications.

https://www.amazon.com/39th-Blue-Book-Gun-Values/dp/1936120321

I think the current one is the 40th edition, bu your guns won't have changed much if at all from 39th to 40th editions.
    Oh and I'm Mrs. 8 post. Please do not call me a man. I in no way resemble a man. 
    Oh and I'm Mrs. 8 post. Please do not call me a man. I in no way resemble a man. 
    Ok.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member The Heart of DixiePosts: 1,259 Senior Member
    I wondered how long it would take.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
    I apologize for being coarse.  We do have peddlers infiltrate from time to time, but I take it at your word you are curious about gun values.

My suggestion however is to consolidate all photos to one post for future inquiries. 👍
    Okay, how do I do that for future reference? I'm sure I'll have questions about something in the future. Google only works if you know the correct question to ask. I have some antiques that I'm not sure what the design is called so it is making it impossible to find. I will eventually need to part with some of it because my home can only hold so much. If it is signed or whatever then I can find it in no time but earlier pieces seem to be unmarked. 
    I like to know what something is worth so I'm not the idiot letting something worth thousands go for 2 bucks lol. That is the kind of luck I have. 
    Check Gunbroker and Guns America for items that had bids and have actually sold. That's a good first indicator of a relative market value.  Regional demand may change actual sales dollars, but it's a good start.

If it's a mint condition 1903A3 or M1 Garand, etc., the values are fairly static and a blue book will probably suffice.

If it has documented evidence it was carried by a famous soldier or was in a famous or notorious battle it can probably get 20-40% more...or more.

Oh, nice thanks! Guess, I will do a little more digging and see what I can find out. I did order the book off Amazon. I loved learning about WW2 in History. In the end, it is fun finding out story's about old pieces from that time. Although, it was such a heart breaking part of our past. I almost failed World History my freshman year in College. I had a hard time with my thesis, since everything in our books were based off lies.