Home Main Category Hunting

Pheasant opener

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberSouth DakotaPosts: 2,040 Senior Member
a little different opener with an abundance of water and unharvested grain. We managed enough birds for a good time and of course excellent commradery (can’t spell it!) amongst family and friends!

Glen rooted this youngster out of heavy cover on rainy Sunday. It has been a treat to watch him improve each season.

This 4 footer picked the wrong Saturday to try sunning on a gravel road! First rattlesnake we’ve ever seen this late. 

Cleaning birds. Thank goodness for a friend with an enclosed building. We got 3.2” of rain on Sunday and Monday!

Found this fawn stuck, dead on a fence Sunday afternoon. 

Kids and their devices 🙄

A visit to see Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt and Uncle❤️

And a tired out boy at home!

overall, another fabulous weekend. Looking forward to many weekends in the field locally!
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    My phone won't download all them pics, but sounds great!

There's a guy on here that might be inclined to say good hustle! :) 
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Looks like an excellent time, as usual!  Great to see Glen getting it done.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,401 Senior Member
    edited October 2019 #4
    Every year you post up about your Pheasant opener.........and every year I cant help the jealousy I have towards you growing stronger........ :D
    I grew up chasing Phasianus Colchicus over English then Irish and lastly Gordon setters.
    Started going out with a dog by myself when I was 11............
    Your threads always bring back a pile of great memories of a boy, with his dog and a gun running free.

If only life was that simple nowdays ......

Look forward to more reports of the season my friend.

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Great job, Bellcat! Your pheasant posts always fire up happy memories of the only 2 pheasant hunts I've ever been on. (one with dogs, slaughtered pheasants for 3 straight days. One sans-dogs.....killed 4 pheasants over 2 days between 3 of us, but....we killed more jump-shot rabbits than I ever knew existed).

BTW......you posted a pic of Glen here 2-3 years ago, (him sitting in front of a ranch gate over 3 pheasants while looking mighty proud of himself) and I downloaded it to my phone. My intent was to make it my screen shot for my phone, Chromebook, and work-station at work. But I don't have the IT techie skills to make that happen. If you don't mind, I may consult our IT guy at work and see if he can figure it out.

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member South DakotaPosts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Great job, Bellcat! Your pheasant posts always fire up happy memories of the only 2 pheasant hunts I've ever been on. (one with dogs, slaughtered pheasants for 3 straight days. One sans-dogs.....killed 4 pheasants over 2 days between 3 of us, but....we killed more jump-shot rabbits than I ever knew existed).

BTW......you posted a pic of Glen here 2-3 years ago, (him sitting in front of a ranch gate over 3 pheasants while looking mighty proud of himself) and I downloaded it to my phone. My intent was to make it my screen shot for my phone, Chromebook, and work-station at work. But I don't have the IT techie skills to make that happen. If you don't mind, I may consult our IT guy at work and see if he can figure it out.

Mike

That would be great Mike!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    Cool pics and great hunt!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    Brings back a lot of memories, as I grew up pheasant hunting-Thanks for sharing.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"