Home Main Category Clubhouse

World series

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPodunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

This has been an odd one.  Game 7 will be played tonight in Houston.  So far, neither team has been able to win at home, and there's been a lot of complaining about the umpires and bad calls.

Add to the mix 3 women who flashed their boobs while standing behind home plate, and it has it all.

I don't like it, but I think the Nats may just take it.  Darn!

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I hope the Astros win. I'll be in Houston on Friday visiting family. They are all Astros/Texans/Rockets fans. I'd like to see them celebrating the Series vs. complaining about umpires and boobs. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,222 Senior Member
    It least it isn't the darn Dodgers...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

Well, it's over.  The Nats took it in game 7.

Congrats to the Nationals and their fans.

Jerry

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,705 Senior Member
    SUCCESS!  I avoided even knowing who was playing until after it was over!  YES!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said:
    And I would have too except for this thread - let it go to sleep!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

Here's an idea.  If you don't care for the subject of a post, why don't you just ignore it?
    Jerry

zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

Here's an idea.  If you don't care for the subject of a post, why don't you just ignore it?
    Morbid curiosity, I guess? :*

)O(
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,705 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

Because willful ignorance of popular team sports actually IS kind of a game with me.  I root against the local teams in championships because the neighbors have loud parties when they win.  Firearms are about my only overlap with folks that care of such things, and it's FUN telling folks that soccer is superior to American football for the simple reason that the field is bigger and makes for more firing points when you bulldoze the stadium to make a rifle range.  ;)
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,564 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

Because willful ignorance of popular team sports actually IS kind of a game with me.  I root against the local teams in championships because the neighbors have loud parties when they win.  Firearms are about my only overlap with folks that care of such things, and it's FUN telling folks that soccer is superior to American football for the simple reason that the field is bigger and makes for more firing points when you bulldoze the stadium to make a rifle range.  ;)
    You sound like BigChief used to about golf courses would be better use of land as a rifle range.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Bigslug said:
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

You sound like BigChief used to about golf courses would be better use of land as a rifle range.
    No need to make rifle ranges out of golf courses.  Just take a shotgun to the driving range and have at it...

Heres a Shotgun Prank That Would Really Piss People Off VIDEO - Wide Open Spaces

The golf course would make for a better archery range.

No good deed goes unpunished...